North Korea Appears to Launch Missile with 6,700 km Range

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Current reports of North Korea’s July 4 missile test say the missile had a range of “more that 930 km” (580 miles), and flew for 37 minutes (according to US Pacific Command).

A missile of that range would need to fly on a very highly lofted trajectory to have such a long flight time.

Assuming a range of 950 km, then a flight time of 37 minutes would require it to reach a maximum altitude of more than 2,800 km (1700 miles).

So if the reports are correct, that same missile could reach a maximum range of roughly 6,700 km (4,160 miles) on a standard trajectory.

That range would not be enough to reach the lower 48 states or the large islands of Hawaii, but would allow it to reach all of Alaska.

There is not enough information yet to determine whether this launch could be done with a modified version of the Hwasong-12 missile that was launched on May 14.

Source:
North Korea Appears to Launch Missile with 6,700 km Range

Carl Miller

And while the US celebrated its Independence day Kim Jon,s mind enthusiastically anticipating his own 'firework display'. It is sort of delusional folks the tyrant reaction in threatening US with his transcontinental ballistic missile which reached an altitude of 2.000 MTS till sort of erratically fell down near the Japanese coast. President responded with an unusual tweet calling out Korean dictator and then their neighbors to take action and Trump added it is deadline now that patience is over. At night US officials confirmed the launch appeared to be the major breakthrough . Kim Jong un celebrated with his military and scientists. The missile range was enough to reach Alaska. Whileamericans commemorated the Independence day North Korean dictator celebrated his new transcontinental ballistic missile rocket.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

And while the US celebrated its Independence day Kim Jon,s mind enthusiastically anticipating his own 'firework display'. It is sort of delusional folks the tyrant reaction in threatening US with his transcontinental ballistic missile which reached an altitude of 2.000 MTS till sort of erratically fell down near the Japanese coast. President responded with an unusual tweet calling out Korean dictator and then their neighbors to take action and Trump added it is deadline now that patience is over. At night US officials confirmed the launch appeared to be the major breakthrough . Kim Jong un celebrated with his military and scientists. The missile range was enough to reach Alaska. Whileamericans commemorated the Independence day North Korean dictator celebrated his new transcontinental ballistic missile rocket.

Extra news confirms that the US Army fired two surface to air missiles which landed in North Korean waters, demonstrating how easily the US Army could bring down any ICBM rocket that North Korea decided to fire, very close to their territories (y) :D

Carl Miller

This is called the advanced army missile.
To show a response. This is a deep strike weapon with high level of precision.
The message is clear. It can persecute targets in the air space of North Korea and bring them down. Something to be discussed while the two alpha male measure one another like rooster fighters before the brawl. Putin and Trump will have a lot to discuss during their next encounter in G9 or 10.

heka2015

North Korea has a long range missile already for years.

Not really sure why this is an "open secret" (I have no other word for public information widely ignored).
A very common thing nowadays, it seems.

North Korea has a space program for years and successfully launches satellites, even if the US always tries to discredit everything.
North_Korean_Unha-3_rocket_at_launch_pad.jpg

Rodong_and_Taepodong_1%262.png

Unha (Galaxy) is an expandable "rocket" system with 3 stages (Source)
and the same delivery system as a Taepodong-2 (Source) (supposedly developed for Unha)

1 Stage - enlarged Scud motors
2 Stage - interchangable
3 Stage - might be identical to the Iranian Safir's second stage which is propelled by two small gimballed motors

Unha-2 5 April 2009 Tonghae Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 - Failure
Unha-3 13 April 2012 Sohae Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3 - Failure
Unha-3 12 December 2012 Sohae Second version of Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3 - Success
Unha-3 7 February 2016 Sohae Kwangmyŏngsŏng-4 - Success

If you don't remember those launches, good old google will help you out with news articles.

You can put easily a Hwasong-14 on this baby.
Furthermore I would like to mention, that all nations using serious ICBMs doing it with Silos.
We haven't seen one yet, and we won't likely see one soon, but be sure they exist.
Would be foolish to think otherwise.
I bet, what would be in there is a Taepodong-2 paired with a Hwasong-14 waiting to launch.

Nice Article on that one:: breakingdefense.com
And thats a proper ICBM.
Logic lets me believe, we will see a launch of an Unah-3/Taepodong-2(3?) next.
I might well say REALLY SOON.
Almost unbelievable to think the seperate developing fools anybody, but it does.
Wait for it.
Figure_1-1-768x549.jpg

snuggle fit (stage 1+2+3 from hwsong-14 fits in stage 2+3+payload Unha SLV)

heka

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
This whole situation will not end well but especially not for the current North Korean regime. They are making the same mistake as ISIS, if you hate everyone then you have no allies, without allies you have no chance, even China seem to be washing their hands of the North Koreans now.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
All I see is lots of war propaganda making it appear that North Korea is the bad guy. Is any of it true? I have no way to verify any of it. Can I trust my government to tell the truth? NO!

It wouldn't surprise me if the US military was willing to sacrifice Guam in the name of war. The nuke will appear to come from North Korea. And a nuclear retaliatory strike will erase any evidence to the contrary.