Nuclear Survivor or Casualty

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Question...if nuclear bombs were to fall do you want to survive or become an 'immediate' casualty?

If one hit in your town you would see a flash and become vaporized. Surviving would mean being off the grid, having no money, food, or water. You may be forced to raid your neighbor's stash if he hasn't already raided yours. Watch the flick, The Day After, on YouTube, to see what either outcomes would be like.

People have been talking about a nuclear war since Hiroshima so life goes on...but I was curious about your thoughts. I would rather see a mushroom cloud and turn into dust than to give up my technology. I'm getting spoiled by having smart phones, Netflix, Samsung VR games, Burger King...etc.

Ha, I’m with you on the BK

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I think if the plan were nuclear war then it would have happened by now. At the end of the day war would make us weak and easy pickings for the Reptilians.

titorite

Nuclear weapons are real, but only a few cities need to be hit in America to plunge it into chaos.
Actually , the Russians and the Chinese have enough nukes to destroy every major city in our nation. And we have enough to do the same. Thats part of the whole mutually assured destruction paradigm . It is an all or nothing deal, nobody will ever fire just one because one means a retaliation of all.

Fortunately I dont believe towns with populations under 2000 are targeted so Id live and thats good because I would want to live.
I can read , use the river for my refrigerator, coil some copper around a magnet to make a dynamo and get the electricity going again... Yeah Id be all about that mad max life

STUARTDELTA

U stuartdelta would rather survive a nuclear war because your already a survivor of a very aggressive form of cancer illness and the one instinct breed into almost all human beings is called survival , Even at the point of natural death , some give up and say to themselves," ok my time to go , however someone like myself would reach for immortality as in expression ,Never wants to go

walt69

seems to me that being a survivor would be the way to go. I have died before so Im not afraid of that, just not quite ready to do it again. i know where I'll "go" so, thats been settled for me. Survival after a nuclear detonation would be a challenge, however as we have seen in Japan, its not entirely impossible. The main thing would be that you were far enough away from the impact area and upwind. then you could move freely for a time to better position yourself for resources. As I believe the emphasis would be to keep folks out of the are that wasnt already there and keep those who were there in, same as they do for area near "natural" disaster zones. its difficult to gain access to and move around within the zones intially due to looters and such. If there are multiple simultaneous impacts then the whole thing depends on where you are and how quickly you can mobilize. you wouldnt want to have all your eggs in one basket.

Kairos

The vast majority of people would survive a nuclear exchange. It's what happens after that is the problem.

I'd probably not be harmed here in the Appalachian mountains. Would probably need to pop my potassium iodide pills before the Oak Ridge fallout gets here. Other than that, carry on. Whatever.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Survivors would experience a nuclear winter kind of like the mass extinction event that killed off the dinosaurs. The dust and ash clouds stirred up by the nuclear blasts would fill the atmosphere blocking off sunlight everywhere. Food production would grind to a halt with no sun light. About 2 years is the estimate for the ash clouds to clear. I would choose immediate death over a long and torturous death.

TnWatchdog

Survivors would experience a nuclear winter kind of like the mass extinction event that killed off the dinosaurs. The dust and ash clouds stirred up by the nuclear blasts would fill the atmosphere blocking off sunlight everywhere. Food production would grind to a halt with no sun light. About 2 years is the estimate for the ash clouds to clear. I would choose immediate death over a long and torturous death.
Going out in a blaze of glory...dust in the wind!

Kairos

LOL

Nuclear Winter was a liberal myth. We detonated thousands of nuclear bombs during the Cold War all over the planet. No nuclear winter.

In a way, the Cold War really was a nuclear war.

There is no such thing as a nuclear winter.