Nuclear Survivor or Casualty

Kairos

They are not 100 megatons. Stop bullshitting everybody. They range from about 200 kilotons to 5 megatons. Just because you can make larger yields does not make that a strategically viable choice.

Kairos

Uh.. yeah.. they tested one experimental warhead. The actual warheads in our two arsenals are nothing like that. They range from a few kilotons to about 10 megatons. We don't have 100 megaton bombs in active service. Neither of us do.

List of All U.S. Nuclear Weapons

TnWatchdog

Nuclear winter or not, I got an idea, lets shoot off all the known and unknown nuclear bombs and see what happens.
pUeXcg80cO8I8.gif
***How many nuclear bombs are there today?
Nuclear arsenals. Nine countries together possess around 15,000 nuclear weapons. The United States and Russia maintain roughly 1,800 of their nuclear weapons on high-alert status – ready to be launched within minutes of a warning. Most are many times more powerful than the atomic bombs dropped on Japan in 1945.***
Place your bets. I'll spend...I mean hold your bets until doomsday.

titorite

Am I alone in studying modern thermonuclear warfare?

As i read through this it looks like everyone is half right and or half wrong but then again maybe im the one full of it. IDK.

BUT

From what i understand , we have mrivs for a reason. Geometric distribution of lower yield nukes has proven to be just as or potentially even more destructive than the larger yield nukes with less fall out so thats what all the big boys moved too. But that is only for the places designated for "broken windows" .

Before any cities get vaporized in the exchange the very first nukes will be high altitude detonations for that Emp effect. I think ive read it estimated that the whole of north america could go lights out with just one or two well placed high altitude detonations.

We wont get the warning in time to do anything about it. Once the high atmosphere nukes go off your radios, tvs, cars ,all of it anything not in a hardened location will fry. Then after that the MIRVs will drop on all the big cities and hardened locations....

And yeah the big governments have made aftermath plans. Not for governments survival but rather humanities survival. Thats why population centers of only a couple thousand people arent targeted. Their wont be any kind of counter resistence and we wouldnt be repelling an invasion. Everything would go full swing into finding and maintaining clean water and having healthy babies and restarting our civilization.

Its one of the reasons i always like living near a river. Fresh water that can be distilled, wild game, a potential source of power via water wheels, a place to keep your beer and milk cold till that happens, if youre planning on riding out the nuclear apocalypse theirs no better place than next to a river.

And when to roaming hordes of bandits come you can give em a shovel and tell em get to work cause aint nobody gonna of time for stupid shit in a post nuclear apocalypse world.

But thats me and my thoughts.. i could be wrong about everything and maybe the nukes are fake and what not... but i dont believe that.

Kairos

Cities are not Russia's target. While you are studying nuclear war strategy, look up what is meant by primary, secondary, and tertiary targets.