Nuclear Survivor or Casualty

Kairos

A rouge state? Why not a beige state?

The propaganda is certainly a leftwing thing. Don't be delusional. The American left cranked the ZOMG nuclear winter propaganda to 11 for decades.

Kairos

Oh, I think any major nuclear conflict between nation states is most likely between India and Pakistan/China. For sure. I was responding to the "nuclear war is the end of all and we might as well kill ourselves" propaganda, not what is most likely to happen.

I wouldn't discount a rogue state hitting a city or whatnot either.

But even the EMP threat narrative I think is overstated. In Three Seconds After, the author has people dying from starvation in no time. The average American is packing a solid 2-3 months of nutrition in fat. You can go a long time without eating. People had to in WW2. Russians in particular.

Mayhem

Zenith
Oh, I think any major nuclear conflict between nation states is most likely between India and Pakistan/China. For sure. I was responding to the "nuclear war is the end of all and we might as well kill ourselves" propaganda, not what is most likely to happen.

I wouldn't discount a rogue state hitting a city or whatnot either.

But even the EMP threat narrative I think is overstated. In Three Seconds After, the author has people dying from starvation in no time. The average American is packing a solid 2-3 months of nutrition in fat. You can go a long time without eating. People had to in WW2. Russians in particular.

The seige of Stalingrad in particular horses became quite tasty.