NYC 1911

P. Jedi

People wonder what it is like to time travel and here is my answer. Going back one hundred years feels a lot like being in an old movie. There were some cars. However, it looks a lot different than now. This is NYC 1911 and this is close to what you see.

nyc1911.jpg
Hello, thank you for sharing this amazing video.
My thought is that, according to my fast research on the internet, but I am not expert about video cameras, the first 16 mm was invented by Kodak in 1923. That's food for thoughts..

Mayhem

Zenith
@TimeFlipper not a bad story, one comment you could always make up some new characters. Not sure if a magazine would take on a certain
Preston Nicholls rendition maybe substitute another name even though it can still be somewhat based on the events.

I wasnt presuming that would be submitted, as we havent seen what other ideas you had in mind.

A magazine might latch on to a something like inserting new tech into the story rather than previous known or documented events.

Always an unknown undiscovered technology might arouse interest.

Just my thinking though good luck man.

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper not a bad story, one comment you could always make up some new characters. Not sure if a magazine would take on a certain
Preston Nicholls rendition maybe substitute another name even though it can still be somewhat based on the events.

I wasnt presuming that would be submitted, as we havent seen what other ideas you had in mind.

A magazine might latch on to a something like inserting new tech into the story rather than previous known or documented events.

Always an unknown undiscovered technology might arouse interest.

Just my thinking though good luck man.

Thank you for the very relevant remarks my old friend, yes I would certainly have to change Preston Nichols name into a "Professor Something", that's for certain (y):D….You got me thinking about the pseudonym "Rheinart" which was only used in reference to time-travel, it originated in the Philadelphia Experiment Book published 1978 and used in the 1984 movie of the same name....It would certainly intrigue any magazine short story readers who were into time-travel and already knew about the PX ;)...

You were very correct about the undiscovered technology, i would imagine lots of people have seen Back To The Future trilogy and the first time-travel movie from 1960, The Time Machine, including the 2002 follow up movie of the same name...There were also many good time-travel movies made over the past 20 years....Iam tempted into using the DTG technology, obviously using a simple explanation of how it works, after all not all short story readers are members of Paranormalis! :D….What about naming it, The Integrated Circuit Technology, or the Jump To and Fro Technology?? :unsure:……Do you have any thoughts for a plot my old friend? :cool:..

If any other member wishes to offer suggestions or plots for my short stories, please hop aboard the TimeFlippers time ship stories :coffee::)..

Mayhem

Zenith
What was the most exotic car you ever sold maybe you could write that into the plot?

Now im not sure if you ever had a Dolrean on the floor or maybe you did and you havent told us all yet?

TimeFlipper

What was the most exotic car you ever sold maybe you could write that into the plot?

Now im not sure if you ever had a Dolrean on the floor or maybe you did and you havent told us all yet?

During my time selling cars there was never any "exotic car" as such...I was only aware of the existence of a De-Lorian car from the Back To The Future movie trilogy...After i retired i did see an advert in the old Exchange and Mart magazine that was advertising a De-Lorian, sat in a Car Showroom for £8000...I was very interested in it, but decided to use that amount of money towards buying another property...I appreciate you coming up with a plot addition, thanks :)..

Angelface239

People wonder what it is like to time travel and here is my answer. Going back one hundred years feels a lot like being in an old movie. There were some cars. However, it looks a lot different than now. This is NYC 1911 and this is close to what you see.

nyc1911.jpg
The pictures look as they if someone where going back to the 1800s or early 20th century of the 1920s as when techobglogy as we know was diffrent inclidng living expanses as will including people still horses as still for a way of transporation.