The Great Things Happening Behind the Scenes

Occultist

Occultist.net
I’d like to take a moment to share with my dear readers and clients my current plans for expanding this website and my Request a Ritual service.

Apart from demonology and Hermeticism, which will remain my primary interest indefinitely, I will also share insights and advice on working with spirits from other traditions: the pantheons of Egyptian, Greco-Roman and Germanic tradition, the deities of Yoruba and Hinduism and the jinn of Islam.

While there is significant overlap between the esoteric cores of every proper spiritual tradition, there are important differences that must be taken into account when approaching their spirits.

For example, it is possible to connect with Orishas of the Yoruba tradition by using the procedures of Western ceremonial magic. Creating the proper ritual setup, entering a trance state, being able to manipulate the energies that are raised during a ritual; these are all perennially important factors. Whether they are known as gods and goddesses in Hinduism, or as demons in Western tradition, we are working with beings that exist in the higher, ethereal regions that share the same substance. Therefore, the philosophical underpinnings of our work remain the same.

However, there are structural differences that must be taken into account. Taking an established path is simply a better way to reach our destination than walking through an uncharted territory. The main thing to acknowledge is that those spirits which humans have interacted with for centuries, or in some cases for thousands of years within one tradition, will not respond well to the incantations and symbolic correspondences of another tradition.

To illustrate the point, using incantations found in the Ars Goetia or a similar Western grimoire wouldn’t be adequate for approaching a Hindu or a Yoruba deity to receive assistance. Following the same logic, if you wished to set up an altar to a spirit in order to connect more strongly with its energy and receive its blessings, you need to understand the symbolism behind the offerings and present the proper items. Or at the very least, follow the instructions provided by someone with the adequate understanding. Often there are significant differences between traditions in this regard, as they are in some sense independent eco-systems.

But this is not troublesome in the least. In my opinion, the plurality of traditions, combined with the expertise in ceremonial magic, is one of the greatest benefits of living in this day and age. No longer are we confounded to a single tradition, to a single point of view, and there is no longer a Holy Inquisition that can trample our efforts. Now we can explore a wide range of spiritual forces and use them to elevate our spiritual and earthly success to an unprecedented level. The evolution of a magician is that of a mere human to a god. A god in flesh at first, and an immortal one once this physical shell has outlived its purpose.

I want to take you on this journey, because every person that I empower is a testimony and a witness to the power of the spirits, and by extension, my own abilities as a magician. This empowerment can manifest in any part of your life, depending on your current priorities.

I sometimes get asked by clients if demons require a sacrifice in exchange for their assistance. Contrary to the popular belief, a sacrifice of any kind is seldom required, unless a formal pact has been made for assistance with highly ambitious projects. Demons, and spirits in general, are willing to help everyone who is able to connect with them. Mind you, I don’t consider offerings to be sacrifices. Offerings are a procedural item to connect with a spirit and they can also be a welcome sign of respect and adoration. In any case, by exerting their influence on our reality the spirits’ power and satisfaction grows and this is a reward in-and-of itself. As Nietzsche succinctly put it:

This world is the will to power—and nothing besides! And you yourselves are also this will to power—and nothing besides!

This statement is true for this world and it is true for the astral realm, the highest and the lowest and all that stands in-between.

Apart from providing new, written instructions for offerings, rituals, prayers and similar modes of communicating with spirits from the before-mentioned traditions, I will also expand the Request a Ritual service with a greater variety of demons, spirits and deities, so that you can begin receiving the positive influence of those you desire immediately.

However, I should be honest with you. My main expertise is demonology and summoning demons. Through this activity I’ve helped many people, myself included. Although I have studied extensively and practiced to some degree all of the mentioned traditions, I wouldn’t consider myself an expert in them. Therefore, I have made contacts with colleagues who dedicated their lives to working with spirits from these traditions, making great strides, revelations and most importantly, concrete results through their ritual efforts. You can expect new additions to the Occultist.net team in the upcoming weeks and a significant expansion of my Request a Ritual service.

In additions to this, two new books are in the workings, and these will be written entirely by yours truly. The first explores the interesting, yet strangely neglected topic of necromancy, while the second is a grimoire dedicated exclusively to demonology and demonic rituals.

Hopefully some of these developments have peaked your interest and you will be revisiting this site on a regular basis. You can also subscribe to the Occultist Newsletter (you will find the sign up form on the sidebar) to receive important updates. Throughout this period I will be performing ritual for clients, so feel free to use the service as usual.

Stay well and we’ll talk soon,

Astennu

The post The Great Things Happening Behind the Scenes appeared first on Occultist.

Source: Occultist | The Great Things Happening Behind the Scenes