Oh Dear, Why am I here

iL Professore

Well, according to custom I shall say hello.

But I have a serious problem and need help.

I have found this website by googling time travel. Rather than finding the usual scientific and commercial documentation I was expecting, I have found a rather dubious subject called paranormal.

Now is where I begin to panic..... and I do mean panic.

The title of this post, starting 'Oh Dear' may seem quite inoccous but it is a tiny representation of what is going on in my mind.
The words I want to use are suddenly not there. I don't mean swear words, but words that describe what I am feeling. Something is wrong with time.

I appear to have two lives, one that was before, and one that was after, and now I do not know which is or was real.

I am struggling to work out how to explain without sounding crazy.

If I was to try and explain in the current language I have had two lives, but appear to have used only one body. The big issue is the dichotomy of my memories and my current experience.

My life or lives seem to have been the same up until I was maybe 10 or 11..... Then there was divergence.....

I watched 12 monkeys a little while ago, and the phrase mentally divergent was used in the film, and that got me thinking.

In one life, I was a normal if quiet child (same as now), however I lead a life that can only be described as amazing. While I was playing in the glow of the fire with a clockwork meccano set, I remember my father bringing me his latest work.... it was a black dot in the centre of a printed postcard (A6 postcards are still A6) That black dot was known as a silicone chip. This was in the early 60's when the showcase of leeds university was a printed car computation device.

I remember building my own transistor computer as a child. I remember the Apple II to be the pinnacle of computer technology. I remember the sound of the air raid sirens when a possible soviet attach was taking place, I remember running home from school to see the bombing of the first major oil tanker disaster. The ship, The Torey Canyon.

I remember as a school child playing games at school where we would play at being the buccaneers that were bombing the ship in order to burn the oil.

Promlem 1
Torey canyon in this life was in 1967.... I was not born till 1969.

Some parts of my current life and my memory seem to collide in the fact thet were the same, however, I was at secondary school which would make me about 11 or 12 when the Torrey Canyon went down. As I mentioned earlier, I was not born until 1969.

I remember being tought the advent of core memory in computers, I remember being taught how to align tape head by writing a series of '1's and using a ruler to align the read/write heads. I remember when computer engineers were pipe smoking sandal/sock wearers

I am also aware of me now using a computer to write this that probalbly has more transistors per silicon chip than existed at my last conscious moment,

I have a son who I love dearly and I remember my ex wife.
However I still remember my wife who I spent my life with.
they are not the same,

In another life I had one wife called Oshnat, In this life I have had two, one was from Africa, one was English......

my other life was better I think. But I must have loved my wives in this life, but I loved Oshnat more.

But there are such terrible differences.

I remember a light as a child and that is where life diverged.

I will post more as I can reconcile my thoughts , but anyone with any ideas as to how I can go home, please message me

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I haven't run across anyone that has been able to return to an alternate reality. I myself experience small reality changes quite frequently. The general term for them is the Mandela effect. No one seems to know why the past seems to change. But the general consensus is that the government is behind it with their time traveling technologies.

RHYS

Can you provide a pronunciation (phonetically) for how to pronounce your wife's name, Oshnat? Also the origin plz.

iL Professore

OK on the theory, but I just want to go home. I have a digital photo fame, and one of the pictures is Oshnat. How can I have pictures and memories that do not comply with current history. I have evidence, from one of the major disasters in the 21st century, but also concurrent memories....... am I really crazy, or are there some points of convergence in my diverged mind.

I have spent the last few days of 'concsiousness' watching ancient aliens, and I am amazed that the secrets that are postulated in this series have not been discovered. Why, tis simple
Can you provide a pronunciation (phonetically) for how to pronounce your wife's name, Oshnat? Also the origin plz.
#

In answer it is exactly as spelt, phonetically Oshnat, pre-marital name, Aseal, long 's' in procunciation Asssael.....Full pre-marital name Osnat Asael.
Origin is Hebrew.
I spent a lot of time in Jerusalem

iL Professore

by the way, I have just re-read my first post..... when I referred to a printed car, I meant printed card, or more accurately a punched card. my name and address in rectangular holes on a card that also had the same info encoded in a magnetic strip.... the height of technology!

iL Professore

if I upload my a pic of my real wife, would that ne ok.....
I am going to sleep now, but will work out how to transfer the images I have digitally got......

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Well, if you're in a different universe, I think that would be ok :LOL:, also, you don't necessarily need to put a picture of your wife, only your world

RHYS

Your current wife doesn't ask who the other woman is in your digital pic frame (Osh)? My wife would find me from any dimension or verse to kick my ass.

Last edited: