Ohio the Heart of it all... Maybe it's true

XDrFirefly

Ohio the Heart of it all... Maybe it's true

Weird Ohio Things

"Mother of Presidents"

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica]
4/8 Died in Office...

[/font]</span><span style=\'color:Black\'>Kent State University May 4 1970

Four students are killed and nine others are wounded when a contingent of Guardsmen suddenly opens fire during a noontime demonstration.

Ohio has also produced many Serial Killers.

more to come

Dr FF

Eutychus

Re: Ohio the Heart of it all... Maybe it's true

Ohio- The birthplace of aviation and Lifesavers candy. In fact, the Mott drug store (currently the home of the Garfield Historical Society here in Garrettsville) was where they were first sold.

PyRo99

Also the place where The election was rigged to Let Buscho and his motley crew win. And also the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Also home of the worst Governor in the nation currently. We also have a Mayor that thinks, "adopting a trash can" will produce revenue. (Cleveland)

Judge Bean

Where they shipped the Roswell alien bodies and wreckage.

Where the lake caught fire due to pollution.

Birthplace of one of the two main forms of polka.

Primary pork stockyards in early 1800s.

Daniel Boone's "Indian country."

JRSpencer

Hey. LeBron James is from Ohio. I mean, he's not presidential, but he did sign a $90 million contract with Nike. Just thought I'd toss that in there. Also, my aunts live in Cleveland...where Halle Berry was born....who portrayed Dorothy Dandridge in a 1999 telemovie who is from Cleveland....

It's not as cool as the six degrees of Kevin Bacon. I tried and stumbled.

isabel

In Cleveland it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license

Cincinnati Reds were America's first professional baseball team

The ProFootball Hall of Fame is located in Canton

The inventor of chewing gum W.F. Semple and the creator of hot dog (Harry M. Stevens) were both from Ohio.

Except for the mice thing, imagine the world without Ohio...

PyRo99

Cuyahoga.

And Cleveland is the poorest city in the nation, hahahahaa. Its nice to know that just North theres the poorest city. And many slaves couldn't get to Canada without Ohio.

CaryP

All this reminds me of the Pretenders' song "Ohio" where lead singer Chrissie Hines laments the condition of her home state. Of course it's hipper than John Denver's song about Toledo being boring. You sure Cleveland is the poorest city in the nation Pyro? All the news I've seen shows that for major metropolitan areas, Philadelphia was in the worst shape. Also the upstate New York area is in pitiful shape. Anyway, interesting stuff.

Cary