Old Soul

Khaos

where the wild things are
I wasn't really sure where to post this thread because its composed of what happens after we die, reincarnation and having lived past lives. Which fits into about two different, possibly three forum categories. So I chose this one...

Has anyone ever heard of the term Old Soul? I have and I have the belief I am an old soul. I experience many things that documented old souls experience. The feeling of having lived before, having prior knowledge and experience in situations that I have never encountered. For example I have knowledge and experience of marriage and raising children, when I have never married and have never had a child. Yet in some ways I feel like I have in the past. Distant past perhaps. My friends and family tell me that I have the wisdom of a 70 year old and I am only 29.

It goes a bit beyond that, old souls often report feeling out of place in time and society, I do as well. I have a fascination with the 1600s and 1700s as well as the golden age of piracy. I have had dreams sailing on ships with black flags and cross bones, and barking out orders to people, seeing cannon balls shooting from all directions, ripping everything apart.

I haven't really ever traveled in my life. I have gone places, but I have not gone overseas to places like Europe or Africa, etc. I don't know why, but I feel like I have already been there, already experienced the great wall of china, the pyramids of giza, concentration camps, etc.

I have always felt like I should have been born earlier, that I am not meant for this period of time. I found that other old souls feel like this too. And in truth, its because they are remembering their most recent past life, and they have a deep rooted nostalgia for that period of time. Ever feel like you are deeply connected to certain places or periods of time? Perhaps that place or time period was a major factor in your past life.

So I am a bit curious, are there any others on this site that believe they are an old soul? I have met others in person. People who are as young as 15 who are well advanced in maturity and common sense and intelligence and knowledge and experience.

So I saw this website

https://lonerwolf.com/9-signs-youre-an-old-soul/

And all nine hit the nail on the head for me. Especially #9. I remember being 13 and saying I feel old and people remarking how I was so young. Even at near 30 I still feel old.

Last edited:

bluejay_1919

@Khaos loner wolf is a fantastic website. I follow them on instagram and receive their weekly emails. They have really helped me understand myself better, and accept who I am.

I have actually had a past life reading based on some interesting dreams I've had lately. I too, am very intrigued and interested in the Middle Ages and Victorian time period. I always have been since I was a child. My past life reading confirmed what I had felt was going on.

As far as feeling like an old soul, I think I feel new in a way that, I feel new in my 32 years to this time period. I grew up with elderly parents (adopted me as a baby in their 60's), so my father had been in WW2 and the Korean War. I loved black and white movies, and music from the 20's - 40's. I even have a thing for old cars from the 20's - 30's. I've felt to was heavily influenced by the time, because of my parents. Maybe that's why I feel out of place. I've always been mature and a quiet person. Very aware of everything around me. I can't say I feel like an old soul, I've met some who definitely are.. Even small children that are. I just feel like all my other lifetimes are catching up with now, and I'm finally embracing them so they can help me in this lifetime.