OMG OMG OMG Titor book?!

Harte

From the regulations:
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

That's a little more lax than some I've read. But the rights are owned by someone and had to be bought - unless the owner of TTI is the author of the book.

Harte

titorite

You will discover that Paranormalis is indeed a private website and not part of a public domain, thats why Paranormalis can set its own rules :)..

No its not. Anything a google web crawler can read is open to the public. Num owns this site and sets the rules yes. And he and any of his staff can make and enforce rules yes, even delete or alter stuff but nothing here is being said in private. Everything on the boards is open to the public and mass data gatherers for all to read.

If the site logos and designs were copied that would be an infringement but if some just transcribes or copy and pastes our words that isnt it. And thats why google can find things by search terms.

titorite

From the regulations:

That's a little more lax than some I've read. But the rights are owned by someone and had to be bought - unless the owner of TTI is the author of the book.

Harte

Do you think you have a right to your image and likeness in public? That it is against the law to film you in public with out your consent? Cause it aint. The supreme court of the usa has clearly ruled on this multiple times upholding that we have no expectation of privacy in public.

And others have every right to make a profit off their work be it in this case the photography.

Its the joys of the 1st amendment.

Our words and not any different. If something was said over a private message , repeating that could be arguable in civil court but anything a web crawler can read is open to the public to reproduce in part or in full.

Unless it really is copyrighted material and i seriously doubt that you or anyone of us here are filing copyrights on every post we make.

TimeFlipper

No its not. Anything a google web crawler can read is open to the public. Num owns this site and sets the rules yes. And he and any of his staff can make and enforce rules yes, even delete or alter stuff but nothing here is being said in private. Everything on the boards is open to the public and mass data gatherers for all to read.

If the site logos and designs were copied that would be an infringement but if some just transcribes or copy and pastes our words that isnt it. And thats why google can find things by search terms.

Actually, everything that is said on Paranormalis is NOT just posted on the "boards".....You are overlooking our "private discussion area" that only members can chat on and are not open for everybody else to see, plus only a private company/website can set its "own" rules ;):)..

Last edited:

Harte

Even for stuff posted on the boards, Paranormalis has an agreement with users. The content belongs to the user and the forum is granted rights to it in perpetuity.
The argument here is not about who can read the posts, it's about who can publish and charge money for the posts.

Harte

Alexis Everson

I got the name wrong it was temporal recon not redux. Yeah hes a nice guy very cordial. The falling out? I wont go into too much detail , just to say, their was a disagreement about the titor story with another person who insisted that they were always right. Now this is from my own biased point of view because i had the same sort of disagreements with the same person. Fortunately for everyone the current staff is much more neutral.

Anyways hit up temporal recon on facebook. He is an active poster and im sure hed love to hear from a fan such as yourself :)
Disagreement? HOw could there be a disagreement about something written on a forum in 2000? I mean, it's all right there, right? Or is there other stuff I havent heard of? THe LOST TITOR POSTS? giggle! Is it that?

ANd theres no way I could write him, I mean, it would be like writing somebody famous, right? I mean, I bet he doesnt even read or write back emails from fans, right?

xixooxoxoxoxox
Lexxxxxy!!

PS Whats a TTI?
PPS! Noooo, I paid normal price.
PPPS!! Does tempral recon have a FB or insta or twitter? Does he post alot?

Kairos

Even for stuff posted on the boards, Paranormalis has an agreement with users. The content belongs to the user and the forum is granted rights to it in perpetuity.
The argument here is not about who can read the posts, it's about who can publish and charge money for the posts.

Harte

Anybody can. It's a public source once it goes out there. Copyrighting most content on the Internet is a joke. I think it might help you for actual works of art, but other than that.. lol.. it's all getting copied every day by various servers. Every day it gets processed by scrapers, bots, and crawlers. The data is processed by various data mining farms. Copyrighting it will do nothing about any of that.

Harte

Those instances are not examples of the material being sold, just copied and pasted.

We're talking about books here, with publishers and liability.

But the book I looked at was a pdf. Maybe it has always been free. I don't know.

Harte

Himalayan Hermit

I got the name wrong it was temporal recon not redux. Yeah hes a nice guy very cordial. The falling out? I wont go into too much detail , just to say, their was a disagreement about the titor story with another person who insisted that they were always right. Now this is from my own biased point of view because i had the same sort of disagreements with the same person. Fortunately for everyone the current staff is much more neutral.

Anyways hit up temporal recon on facebook. He is an active poster and im sure hed love to hear from a fan such as yourself :)
Are you referring to that Ren dude who claimed for the longest time here that he was John Titor??

titorite

Disagreement? HOw could there be a disagreement about something written on a forum in 2000? I mean, it's all right there, right? Or is there other stuff I havent heard of? THe LOST TITOR POSTS? giggle! Is it that?

ANd theres no way I could write him, I mean, it would be like writing somebody famous, right? I mean, I bet he doesnt even read or write back emails from fans, right?

xixooxoxoxoxox
Lexxxxxy!!

PS Whats a TTI?
PPS! Noooo, I paid normal price.
PPPS!! Does tempral recon have a FB or insta or twitter? Does he post alot?

Yes temporal recon has a face book i messaged him tonight about all this and to on back if he likes.

As for fan email. He would read it hes at like that mid level youtube fame where one can still connect with fans before they hit 1 mil subs . If you wrote him on facebook i have little doubt that he would be delighted to respond.

As for disagreements well look at us here and now. I am in disagreement with timeflipper whom is a forum buddy here and harte who i am more neutral about but the both seem to think they have copyrights on their words posted here with out filing paperwork and i am of the opinion that once we set forth our words out onto the greater internet open to web crawlers and data miners that our words arw fair game...

We disagree and do so amicably and politely .

Everything is all good.

The person me and temporal recon disagreed with had a less cordiua mindset ... they were offended we did not agree with everything that they said and unfortunately they had power. Mod status. That is why i am so thankful for classic fan who is much more level headed and neutral.