OMG OMG OMG Titor book?!

abbyjo

I see what you are saying now. The Snopes article is excerpts not full text. The full text is 120 pages

Product details
available here 1900's reprint full text re Baron Trump

abbyjo

I read the whole Snopes article. It starts with "mostly true," and concludes with:

"Although these books contain some seemingly bizarre coincidences, they are not evidence that Donald Trump has access to a time machine. Time travel conspiracy theories such as this one pick and choose material that supports their conclusions while ignoring everything else. For instance, these books also contain giant turtles, alternate dimensions, a battle with a big white crane, a dog named Bulgar, and a little smiling man frozen in time. Since these aspects have no clear connection to the Trumps, they are omitted from the conspiracy theory."

The link provided by Snopes for full text is here: Baron Von Trump book from 1900s .pdf

Keep in mind, I did not see any of this until last week, so please be patient as I catch up.
I observe so far: "seemingly bizarre coincidences," not likely.
"Not evidence that Donald Trump has access to a time machine." Agreed. But that does not mean there is no evidence, dig further.
"Giant turtles" could be a metaphor for something else, google "Antartica+octagon"
"Alternate dimensions" could be "Many Worlds" theory of quantum physics.
"No clear connection" means to me that Snopes had a deadline and limited space for its article. Dig deeper.

Harte

I agree. Snopes is biased to the left, and is thus not a reliable source. No true investigative journalism there.
Maybe, but there's no left or right to this story. Nor in a large number of other things to be found on Snopes.

And any bias doesn't matter anyway because they provide links for you to read for yourself (such as the link to the book in question here) that back up what they say, when they say something definitive.

Harte

The_Observer

Human bias exists almost everywhere. At least snopes tries to battle misinformation and they do debunk a lot of Internet hoaxes and idiots. I'd say the are only less accurate or trustworthy than say Wikipedia, is because they aren't publicly editable pages, they do not contain a plethora of resources or sources for each statement to back it up, and it appears a lot of research on snopes topics are done through social media. Regardless, it's not like it's a heavily biased source of information and it does still help out. It's certainly not bad like a news station (Fox).

Do you guys also think factcheck.org is bullshit? They snoped snopes before and the bottom line is... always be weary, question everything, and research yourself: don't let people tell you what to think, find out the truth yourself.

Snopes.com - FactCheck.org