Online Metaphysical Course?

Poison Pen

Has anyone here ever taken an online Metaphysical Course? If so do you have any recommendations as to which one is best? Interested in Demonology. I have found a couple online but I am unsure about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

wyldberi

If they're on-line and they wanted to charge me money for whatever they have to offer, I'd walk away.
-
As for the demonology ... I wouldn't want to go there. There's enough evil in the world to avoid without going looking for it. You might feel a fascination for the subject. The reality is something completely different.

Poison Pen

If they're on-line and they wanted to charge me money for whatever they have to offer, I'd walk away.
-
As for the demonology ... I wouldn't want to go there. There's enough evil in the world to avoid without going looking for it. You might feel a fascination for the subject. The reality is something completely different.

Not interested in practicing it.

wyldberi

-

Not interested in practicing it.
-
Practicing or worshipping was not on my mind with what I wrote above. Over the decades I've toyed around with just about every conspiracy theory that's been created. I also believe that focusing one's attention onto something has an effect upon the world that goes beyond our personal boundaries. By that line of reasoning I would have been contributing to some very negative things.
-
When it comes to demonology, I believe any involvement with that area of speculative investigation creates an opening in a person's life space that acts like an open invitation. This permits these energies to enter into that space and influence events that occur around them, whether that be by intention OR NOT. That in and of itself would be bad enough. The real trouble comes in trying to get those energies to vacate the premises. They are persistent.
-
Somewhere back between 3 and 4 decades ago I had an encounter one night with an entity and had no way to conceptualize or create any sort of context in which to understand the experience. Years later I learned these types of energies are referred to as Shadow People. The experience shook me up and the effect lingered for several years even though the experience never repeated itself.
-
Shadow People are not demons IMO. They are something different. They do embody an energy that is malevolent and palpable. I have no interest in experiencing this again.
-
I encourage you to be cognizant of what you might be getting yourself into before you take that initial step.

Last edited:

CDS

The example site is basically articles.
Is the site you want to build allow contributions or just host articles of your own?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If you are the only contributor, you can possibly make it into a blog. It would be very easy to setup using either Google's Blogger or WordPress. You'd have a good solution ready to receive your content.

Obviously, as you suggested, there are already many sites about the same topic. It shouldn't stop you though: there are many, many sites out there sharing the same niche and it's alright that way: we call it concurrence.

If your site receives new quality content on a regular basis, people will come and enjoy it.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Urantia Book

The link: Download The Urantia Book: Text and audio | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

I have owned the book since the mid 1960's, but have not read it in the past 30 years, because no time to read it. It is not a book to read like a novel, it was a Research book for me of many different subjects. The has a whole section on Fallen Angles, like Satan, Lucifer and more. Plus, a sections on the good Angels.

Professor Opmmur

Last edited:

Poison Pen

Urantia Book

The link: Download The Urantia Book: Text and audio | Urantia Book | Urantia Foundation

I have owned the book since the mid 1960's, but have not read it in the past 30 years, because no time to read it. It is not a book to read like a novel, it was a Research book for me of many different subjects. The has a whole section on Fallen Angles, like Satan, Lucifer and more. Plus, a sections on the good Angels.

Professor Opmmur

Thank You Professor I will take a look at it.