Opposing beliefs/religions/spirituality.

SergiusPaulus

So a few big names in the world, Chritianity, Islam, Hinduism. Regardless of what you believe or not, several Christian based countries have nukes. Same with Hindu countries. Muslim countries are trying to and may be close if not already. We all seem to persecute each other. As a former military employee I understand that a nuclear threat is greater than a suicide bomber threat. Yes the Iran threat is annoying, but another religion has nukes. So its a tightrope of all the religions keeping each other happy amid ongoing persecutions. I asked a Jordanian if Spiritual warfare could kill somebody. He said yes. UVA was studying Tibetan studies back in 2013. Interesting topic. I think North Korea is primarily Shaman as well. The world has Up to over 4000 denominations of varying beliefs I think. COEXIST as long as you can. <><

iamonarch

--Your posts are strange. They're almost more like journal entries than questions or even statements about specific topics...I'm bored, though, so I'm gonna' response all the same X D
--A lot of countries have nukes, indeed, and some of those countries strongly identify with particular religious belief systems, yeah...
--The major religions throughout the world are for the moment co-existing for the most part, too. However, there are deep, dark and downright destructive rivalries embedded between many religions, and really...it's only a matter of time before they come to the surface in a big way.
--Religion, like everything else, is only one aspect of things, though...You have culture, economics, geo-political tensions, etc...so whenever one thing gets out of balance...Well, it's all really a balance of power, isn't it? The people or countries doing the best are fine letting others do whatever they want, so long as the others aren't powerful enough to seriously disrupt anything. The moment something starts to go off kilter, though, i.e. an economic recession/depression, natural disaster, etc...then things have the potential to get outta' hand fast.
--...It's too late to be coherent X D
--...These religious people hate each other, really, because they all claim to have all the answers, not only about the world and the future but how people should behave. Therefore you can't have peace because if people are going against the teachings of a religion it can cause massive disruption. Therefore...when the circumstances are right--whether really good or really bad--religious fanatics will take the opportunities they have to try and eliminate all the others.
--And that's exactly how it should be...cause it's all real man. It's not just people fighting about imaginary things...they're fighting about the truth beneath all things.
--So yeah...People are gonna' continue to cause havoc and blow the hell outta' each other for ever more, and religious beliefs are gonna' be a big part of that.
--Does any of that make sense? Pretty sure it does, but it's also 2 A.M. and I should be working on projects right now X D

SergiusPaulus

I was in Moses Lake and Bremerton for a bit. Different culture there than the bible belt of the east coast. What can make christians fight is Matthew 10:34. India, primarily Hindu has a non aggression deal to some extent. Even Russia is Orthodox Christian whatever that means. Some say Putin is a Christian. Is spirituality and religion the same thing. Somebody in France can say Jesus Magdelene and Sergius Paulus moved to france in 34 AD and ruin Christianity and their spirituality. One can suggest that the holy grail really makes one immortal. Does immortality and spirituality really relate to each other. I don't mind coexisting but some others choose not to and that makes life uncomfy for some. FB is global almost so I enjoy talking to the other side of the planet on a social level. If they want to friend me there then they have to subject themselves to my American teaching and way of life in USA regardless of their own country, beliefs, or way of life. Balance I suppose so they say over there. Even Clarence Streit wanted global democracy, but thats politics.

Harte

War and strife etc. would happen even without religion. We'd just think of another reason to kill each other.

Harte

Gnostic Christian

--Your posts are strange. They're almost more like journal entries than questions or even statements about specific topics...I'm bored, though, so I'm gonna' response all the same X D
--A lot of countries have nukes, indeed, and some of those countries strongly identify with particular religious belief systems, yeah...
--The major religions throughout the world are for the moment co-existing for the most part, too. However, there are deep, dark and downright destructive rivalries embedded between many religions, and really...it's only a matter of time before they come to the surface in a big way.
--Religion, like everything else, is only one aspect of things, though...You have culture, economics, geo-political tensions, etc...so whenever one thing gets out of balance...Well, it's all really a balance of power, isn't it? The people or countries doing the best are fine letting others do whatever they want, so long as the others aren't powerful enough to seriously disrupt anything. The moment something starts to go off kilter, though, i.e. an economic recession/depression, natural disaster, etc...then things have the potential to get outta' hand fast.
--...It's too late to be coherent X D
--...These religious people hate each other, really, because they all claim to have all the answers, not only about the world and the future but how people should behave. Therefore you can't have peace because if people are going against the teachings of a religion it can cause massive disruption. Therefore...when the circumstances are right--whether really good or really bad--religious fanatics will take the opportunities they have to try and eliminate all the others.
--And that's exactly how it should be...cause it's all real man. It's not just people fighting about imaginary things...they're fighting about the truth beneath all things.
--So yeah...People are gonna' continue to cause havoc and blow the hell outta' each other for ever more, and religious beliefs are gonna' be a big part of that.
--Does any of that make sense? Pretty sure it does, but it's also 2 A.M. and I should be working on projects right now X D

All the supernatural religions are basically fascist and wish to rule the world. That is the goal of both Christianity and Islam. Christians just say on earth as it is in their tyrannical view of a heaven without a free will to even believe as you will and Islam calls theirs a Califate without free will to believe as you will.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

I was in Moses Lake and Bremerton for a bit. Different culture there than the bible belt of the east coast. What can make christians fight is Matthew 10:34. India, primarily Hindu has a non aggression deal to some extent. Even Russia is Orthodox Christian whatever that means. Some say Putin is a Christian. Is spirituality and religion the same thing. Somebody in France can say Jesus Magdelene and Sergius Paulus moved to france in 34 AD and ruin Christianity and their spirituality. One can suggest that the holy grail really makes one immortal. Does immortality and spirituality really relate to each other. I don't mind coexisting but some others choose not to and that makes life uncomfy for some. FB is global almost so I enjoy talking to the other side of the planet on a social level. If they want to friend me there then they have to subject themselves to my American teaching and way of life in USA regardless of their own country, beliefs, or way of life. Balance I suppose so they say over there. Even Clarence Streit wanted global democracy, but thats politics.

Religions are tribal units and religiosity does not have any relationship to spiritual thinking. This does not mean that a Christian cannot be a spiritual thinker, but if a Christian is a spiritual thinker, he will not call himself a Christian as he will not be homophobic or misogynous the way most Christians are, unless he puts his tribal affiliation above his moral sense.

Spiritual thinking has nothing to do with the term spirit world, which is just supernatural fantasy.

In a Ted talk that I have seen, the speaker asked for a show of hands for religious and only saw a few. He then asked how many were spiritual and the vast majority raised their hand.

Regards
DL