Original Chat Log - John Titor - October 14, 2000

Samstwitch

tomrat

well i cant really agree with "which was not something that would have been common to us at that time on our Worldline"
but i did not live in the USA in the year 2000 (Major Studio DVD Releases For 2000)...he talks with "Brits" anyway and i remember having a DVD drive in my computer and ADSL in the year 2000 (living in europe at this time).
thats not the point anyway...he talks about watching the DVD in the year 2012 and like i stated above strangely there is a movie release with that name 14 dec 2012...could be that i didnt explain it well either

Samstwitch

...he talks about watching the DVD in the year 2012 and like i stated above strangely there is a movie release with that name 14 dec 2012...

I'm still investigating. I see now that both the 1970-1973 TV Series and the 2012 Movie were British. So perhaps it was not a cryptic clue.

The fact that John referred to one "DVD" instead of several DVDs if speaking about the TV Series does not seem significant. I would say, "I watched the series 'Bewitched' on DVD." I would not say "I watched the series 'Bewitched' on DVDs". Do I sound confusing or does that make sense?

Many old TV Shows have surfaced on DVD even in the Dollar Stores. I don't know that that DVD Release information would always be available on the Internet, but I could be wrong.

There were some differences between John's Worldline and ours. Perhaps that TV Series came out on DVD on his Worldline and not on ours.

It could go either way...either John was just talking about a UFO movie/series that he watched in 2012...or it may have been a cryptic clue. I tend to take what he said here at face value, but the "DVD" factor still stands out to me as I don't think they were that commonly used in 2000/2001. I could be wrong about that though. I was slow to convert from VHS to DVDs. :)

"00:00:33,012 --> 00:00:36,972 Stay with your friends, people you know.Then you're safe"...said by Jean-Claude Van Damme...this is familiar advise i thought...not the same but quite right like one read somewhere i recalled..."6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them."...well i was hooked and watched the movie with a lot of attention

"Stay with your friends, people you know.Then you're safe" Jean-Claude Van Damme

"6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them." John Titor

I don't think Van Damme's quote is associated in any way with John's instructions. I think they are vaguely similar, but not intentionally related.

tomrat

the reason why i was intrigued and researched about it was that he stated it was "A DVD" but the DVD release of UFO the series (2002) has 8 DVDs...actually the DVD release in the states isnt until 6th of august 2013...but i can asure you i didnt buy the DVD either and watched it yesterday...i would have never known of it anyway without the chat log and checking on it (this movie is clearly doomed U.F.O. (2012) - Box office / business ) X_X...i take it more than a confirmation that we are indeed on schedule in this worldline and we are actually already in a kind of civil war like he said (my aproach to john titor is not taking him by word)...what got to me and made me post this was watching the movie thinking about the posts of john titor...clearly it could be that my crazy mind is playing me a little bit and all i wrote is just plain nonsense...hard to get out of there though
thanks for giving it a thought sam (Y)

Samstwitch

You're welcome. Some things we will never know for sure unless we hear from John himself, and that could happen some day. :)

To be sure...John gave us Cryptic Clues about many things...so you might be right. ;)

tomrat

"Stay with your friends, people you know.Then you're safe" Jean-Claude Van Damme

"6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them." John Titor

I don't think Van Damme's quote is associated in any way with John's instructions. I think they are vaguely similar, but not intentionally related.
honestly i dont think it is related in that way either... it just reminded me cause he had the same advice...the movie is about a group of friends handling (more or less) a doomsday situation and has nothing to do with john titor itself....lets say some kind of preview how would ppl react (incl. police and military situation) when a situation like this occurs and you could easily change the UFO into N-day (they even talk about that as a possibility in the movie itself)

The fact that John referred to one "DVD" instead of several DVDs if speaking about the TV Series does not seem significant. I would say, "I watched the series 'Bewitched' on DVD." I would not say "I watched the series 'Bewitched' on DVDs". Do I sound confusing or does that make sense?

well i think you wouldnt say neither...who in 2013 actually does this anyway....we all would say " i watched this and that" who cares nowadays about the medium...what brings me to the point why would he even write DVD?...in the VHS days we didnt mention VHS talking about a movie...and neither we talk about the medium when we talk about music we listened to (i listen to this and that...without mentioning tape vinyl cd or a-track)

Many old TV Shows have surfaced on DVD even in the Dollar Stores. I don't know that that DVD Release information would always be available on the Internet, but I could be wrong.
first release of the series was 2002

i just saw your edit...so i had to give my two cents;)

Ren

When John was posting Online on our Worldline in 2000/2001, VHS tapes were the thing for movies. DVD's did not become the dominant form of home video distribution in the United States until June 15, 2003.

I do not recall this chat. Can anyone confirm or deny that this was an actual Chat Log from John Titor?

I do recall that chat. I don't know about you but I had a large mix of both VHS tapes and DVD's in 2000. I had Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I didn't have any DVD's of U.F.O. the television series, or the remake of 2012. Never even heard about it until reading that chat. I sold my DVD collection around 2003 and have not bought a new DVD since.

I only remember John talking about U.F.O.s. He said that there is no disclosure of them in his time. He said he suspected they might be time travellers. I also share that opinion.

Sliders

Has anyone really confirmed that the chat really took place ? Does anyone know who "G*" character really is or any others ? (Beside "Brits", surely they would be on one of these forums...)

"G° : Hi TT, my name is steve, but call me G
G° : I'm 30, male from England" (year 2000)

also I found this a bit interesting (still researching this...):

In this statement he clearly feels his wording definition on his machine is not accurate (or he is trying to simplify it?):

"TimeTravel_0 : The distortion machine is in a 4 wheel drive now.
G° : how come from then? was it kept in good condition til 2036?
TimeTravel_0 : Sorry...time machine."

In this statement he is clearly more confident in his terminology of his machine:

"TimeTravel_0 : Its based on very sensative clocks and gravity sensors.
TimeTravel_0 : It stops the time distortion machine if radical changes in gravity are detected."