Original Chat Log - John Titor - October 14, 2000

TimeTravel_00

I don't know for sure, that's half of the entertainment value for me personally. It's almost as entertaining as Craigslist, minus the part where I personally start getting incorporated into the story, that part, was inconvenient to say the least. Lets say I do know this kid, kind of irrelevant in comparison with my desire to obtain a pair of micro singularities, no? Titor was just a historian and PC programmer, a real architect could do so much more with the gift of time. Nos perfeciet tempus.....

Khaos

where the wild things are
What I would like to see? An actual chat log. I mean archived. Perhaps from the wayback machine.

That chat log, showing him saying "when i was a kid...back in 2012" that could have been edited in there recently.

Another issue I see with that log, he doesn't specifically say it was that UFO dvd that was made in 2012.

I found this for instance: UFO (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After doing a search here: "UFO" (1970) - Release dates

This tv series was created in 1970 and was released in the UK (england)

And if you notice, the dvd release date, on the wikipedia entry. 2002 for north america.

That comes in line with Sam's post earlier, where DVD's did not come into mainstream around 2002-2003. And before you say, that his post was in 2000, two years before the release of the dvd in NA.

DVD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term DVD has been around since 1995.

tomrat

been there done that...best thing i could come up with was:
irc-chat-log-confirmation.png

here is the link Post to Post - I am from 2036
That chat log, showing him saying "when i was a kid...back in 2012" that could have been edited in there recently.
look above its from the wayback...yeah i want to see the originals as well:cautious:

tomrat

not really sure if you read my posts:sick:...all the info you found were in my posts you didnt even have to look for it yourself its all linked...the only thing i dont not agree with you or sam is the assumtion that dvd wasnt mainstream until 2002-2003.....i was 23 in 2000 and i asure you it was mainstream...i even lived in the states (florida) this time...so the in america comment wont work

and like you..... i am really looking for originals as well cause all that copy and paste crap torn out of context isnt worth a dime imho....most of the time the names of the post and the actual conversation is ripped out...doesnt make sense to me at all why they all did this...but im getting there...
found the first 6 ORIGINAL pages of the thread "I am from 2036" (artbell) on wayback with the working links in his first posts;)
also i found a pdf with 460 pages with posts from this thread without cutouts of the questions...thats pretty much what i have right now
anyone with knowledge of leads to obtain some TTI originals and more chat logs would be great help though

Sliders

Maybe Darby will come in and shine some light on this one anytime soon. Ok guys.

1. DVD's were around in 2000 (when the "post was written"), they became main stream 2001-2002. That is still not the point.
2.Maybe he mentioned British series/movie because he was talking to "Brits"?......
3. Either way the DVD Series did not hit DVD until 2002 and further more the Movie hit Blu-Ray & DVD on Dec 2012.
4.He was talking about the MOVIE he clearly states he used to watch a DVD that was made in England back in 2012.
5.If Darby's post in ref to the chat log was indeed on 4/2001, this is still before either release on DVD !
6. The last question should be has the IRC Chat Log been edited ???...

Sliders

Side note: All the post that I have seen so far of the chat log (in diff places) have that same part, exactly the same:

"TimeTravel_0 : Actually...Im not really a physisit.
G° : but you know all about this stuff... is that why you were picked?
TimeTravel_0 : I specialize in 20th century history and my grandfather
builds computers."

Including Darby's ref to it back in 4/2001. It seems this thing has not been edited. if only he could have quoted the entire chat log?

GOOD WORK TOMRAT

tomrat

why dont we go and just ask darby?...isnt he still active in TTI?
his last post there was on friday ( Search Results | Time Travel Institute ) if this is the same darby...of course i dont know if it is the real him but it sure does look like that for me reading his posts there.
lets ask him if he recalls something...and where did HE see the first chat log
btw how do we want to proof that the chat log is original in the first place without talking to somebody who was actually in this chat and has the file with the proper date on it?
problemsproblemsproblems :cautious:

Sliders

why dont we go and just ask darby?...isnt he still active in TTI?
his last post there was on friday ( Search Results | Time Travel Institute ) if this is the same darby...of course i dont know if it is the real him but it sure does look like that for me reading his posts there.
lets ask him if he recalls something...and where did HE see the first chat log
btw how do we want to proof that the chat log is original in the first place without talking to somebody who was actually in this chat and has the file with the proper date on it?
problemsproblemsproblems :cautious:
Darby can at least confirm if the chat took place in 2000, if we can find someone that participated in the chat that person can confirm if it took place and if has been altered. We can surely ask Darby. Can some one reach out to him ?

tomrat

ok here we go...
this is the original webpage from The Anomalies Channel with the posted pics from john and the link to the posted IRC chat log...
oldest version is from 15 october 2001 :
anomaliesjohnpage18oct2001.png

direct link ==> Anomalies Network - Time Traveler
just above the first pic is a link of this:

direct link ==> click on pic above

the oldest version cached from this page is from 19 april 2001 (damn this change to kursive writing :cautious:)
so now we have a time frame of 14 october 2000-19 april 2001....leaving us with 7 month of unkown changes...and of course the doubt of the always present possibility of hoax (but thats for everyone to decide on his own anyway)
cheers tomrat

Sliders

ok here we go...
this is the original webpage from The Anomalies Channel with the posted pics from john and the link to the posted IRC chat log...
oldest version is from 15 october 2001 :
anomaliesjohnpage18oct2001.png

direct link ==> Anomalies Network - Time Traveler
just above the first pic is a link of this:

direct link ==> click on pic above

the oldest version cached from this page is from 19 april 2001 (damn this change to kursive writing :cautious:)
so now we have a time frame of 14 october 2000-19 april 2001....leaving us with 7 month of unkown changes...and of course the doubt of the always present possibility of hoax (but thats for everyone to decide on his own anyway)
cheers tomrat
Is it still in the same Kursive writing then ? you might have something here.