Our Martian Origins Theory

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I was trying to find cool stories about Mars that could be interesting to discuss here. I ended up thinking about an old theory a friend of mine shared with me back in high school. Yep, I was already into weird stuff back then! ;) ...Can't believe this was 15 years ago. I always thought it was a neat story, so now that I rediscovered it, it's time to share it with all of you.

Imagine that humans used to live on Mars millions of years ago. At some point, they had to leave Mars and head to the Earth to make sure their civilization would survive. Some cataclysm that made Mars what it is today is the cause of such a journey to the Earth. We pretty much know that Mars became hostile to life as we know it billions of years ago...

I'm suggesting here that our Martian ancestors would have been able to survive on the planet for a long time after that cataclysm, probably underground, until it was completely, a 100% sure they had to leave for Earth with what little remained of their technology and civilization.

We imagined them as some sort of early space-age Aztec/Mayan civilization that was in its downfall, living underground in ruins, all their stuff being in very bad shape, damaged, like in gritty/badass space movies. They had to have Aztec-looking, unreliable and weird spaceships, partly made out of junk. (Now that I think about it today, maybe they just built a jump gate... would that be even more plausible than a space journey after all?)

Those who were able to get here ended up landing and founding different very ancient cities/civilizations such as Mu and Atlantis, among others. Since the civilizations founded by those who came from Mars are long gone, there's no proof to support this theory.

That's a bit reminiscent of some Anunnaki tales, but I assure you we didn't know about these guys when we were in high school.

TimeFlipper

I think our member Martian must have gone back home..he`s been missing for nearly 2 weeks :eek:

walt willis

I have heard of the theory about how life on Mars was reduced to rubble after planet X came too close and sucked away much of their atmosphere.
The survivors had to rebuild underground after that event.
Most of life was destroyed and only a few life forms were able to adapt.
Much of the high technology was also lost and some survivors were sent to planet earth.
Just as in the story of Noah so was the plan to save as many life forms as they could.
It has taken a long time to establish our new life here on earth.
Lets hope that planet X won't do that to our new world any time soon!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That's right, I remember reading about such a theory back in 2012 when the hype was all about planet X. It was an interesting point for sure, as it could have explained what happened to Mars a very long time ago.

I didn't think of Planet X for a while, we no longer hear about it as much as we used to a few years ago.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I believe you are very close to the real History of Mars, but Planet X did not kill off the people of Mars. It was a Nuclear War and when NASA comes clean, it will report founding miles of glass fields on many areas of the Mars surfaces.

walt willis

Just maybe your both right?
What would happen if the next visit from planet X, it flies by our world?
Would the semi-crazy people loose it and start murdering on a massive scale?
Would the governments of the world declare martial law?
Could that lead into a world war evolving all out nuclear war?
A CME or EMP attack could have such an effect on the public, so if you read the book: One Second After you may get the idea of what life may be like after the "lights go Out".

walt willis

One Second After book is a work of fiction, but the book called: Worlds in Collision was not.
It speaks of a time in earth's past when there was a cataclysmic event that indicates a massive other planet that passed near our earth.
The thought is that it may have been a so called planet X.
A sister star may be a long way off and not hit us again for many more years, or it could be within our lifetime.
Would the governments of the world inform the public?
Would it be in the best interest of the public to know that their days are numbered and that number is small?

walt willis

I think that this was one of the most interesting interviews I have ever heard so far...
Do I believe this story? YES!
He comes off as if he wants the world to know the truth just as I also want the truth told to the public.
At first I thought that the book Phil Corso wrote was not a true account of facts, I later found out from a friend from HS that the same information that I received from my teacher in 1965 was given to my teacher from his brother-in-law Phil Corso.
Common sense dictates that to two stories are the same in Corso's book and what I was told back in 1965.

Same thing goes for my not believing the reports of the lock Ness Monster up until I saw one up close one day.
If I ever bag a bigfoot while hunting I will drag the sucker to the nearest TV station and see if they will show it to the public.
So if we have a free press, then why do we also have a law called a Hate Speech Law?
John talks about the Moon as well as Mars and many other things of interest to the paranormal interested folks.

Now you know why I do believe his reported interview.