paper currency is going away

TnWatchdog

It may hold up better in the washer but would the dryer melt your precious currency? I really think the mark on the forehead or right arm would be easier as they could just scan us at the check out line. Sounds familiar...doesn't it. I think that will be the next innovation. Do you want paper or plastic?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
yeah well even the plastic dollars are short to this world the first news release of this kind that I have heard so far

Will Israel be the World's First 'No Cash' State? - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

The government on Tuesday authorized establishment of a committee that will examine ways to eliminate cash from the Israeli economy – the better to prevent citizens from cheating on their taxes. The committee will be chaired by Harel Locker, director of the Prime Minister's Office

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well it seems now that I am looking into it a bit that the gov. in pretty much all of the country's are looking into or starting up a system to do away with touchable money, heres a link to a UK program to start up a digital ID system
Global Smart ID For All UK Citizens - BlackListedNews.com

I hope by now I’m starting to get through to people about online identity management, because here in the UK a whole lotta folk are about to be forced to sign their life over to an Identity Provider. The UK government has decided to host all of its public services online, to fulfill the ‘Digital by Default’ strategy. The Government Digital Strategy is now expected to be up and running by April 2014. Five companies have been chosen to provide identity management for UK citizens, one of which, the Post Office, will serve as registration centers for biometric smart ID enrollment.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, we have plastic money in Canada! They stick together pretty well though, so we gotta be careful when paying cash... You risk to end up giving someone 2 bills instead of one.

And I heard they melt in the car during summer. I didn't test it though. LOL