Past time travel

itwillhappen

There's no proof that there exist other universes either.

No proof that the past exists and no proof that multiple timelines exist. All the evidence points towards there being one universe in the present moment, with quantum mechanics mathematically modeling what Aristotle called potency.

Don't listen to people like Kairos. The only way for time travel to eventually come to fruition is to first believe that it is possible.

johns

Time travel & teleportation - Articles by Alfred Lambremont Webre

Author Alfred Lambremont Webre, who has penned a number of books on time travel, told Daily Star Online: “This leaked WikiLeaks information does not include the secret programmes that permit humans to travel backwards and forwards in time.”

Kairos

Don't listen to people like Kairos. The only way for time travel to eventually come to fruition is to first believe that it is possible.

I believed it was possible that I would score Penelope Cruz for like 20 years and nothing happened. The "believe in it and it will happen" theory has a poor track record. Just saying. LOL

itwillhappen

I believed it was possible that I would score Penelope Cruz for like 20 years and nothing happened. The "believe in it and it will happen" theory has a poor track record. Just saying. LOL
That's really not the point. You're comparing apples to oranges with your weak Penelope Cruz analogy and you know it. The point is if you don't first believe that something can be accomplished, you won't even bother to try and it won't get done. Quit throwing your negativity around. This is a believers forum.

Kairos

That's really not the point. You're comparing apples to oranges with your weak Penelope Cruz analogy and you know it. The point is if you don't first believe that something can be accomplished, you won't even bother to try and it won't get done. Quit throwing your negativity around. This is a believers forum.

I am saying there exists ZERO evidence that either there exists multiple universes or that the past actually exists. All the evidence points towards there being just one universe which simply exists, no past and no future, only the present moment relative to any given point in the universe.

Multiple universes is an unprovable idea taken from science fiction because atheists can't accept the consequences of the Big Bang. It's not that I discount the possibility, but as a person with a scientific background, I require proof, not applied metaphysics passing as "science". As far as multiple universes.. that's simply one interpretation of quantum physics, and not even particular satisfying parsimony. The other interpretation, that there is but one universe in actuality, and lots of possible states and outcomes (potency), makes the least number of assumptions. But, again, atheists don't like that because it confirms what theologians had been arguing since the middle ages: act and potency.

And as far as time travel being possible.. a place has to actually exist for you to travel to it. In philosophy, this is a question of realism. Is the past a real thing? On the one hand, you have the direction taken by Parminides in which past, present, and future exist in a totality of an unchanging universe. On the other hand, you have the direction of Heraclitus in which only the present moment exists, and that the past is erased in the present moment (flux), and the future is yet to exist. Between those two you have Aristotle with his four causes coupled with act and potency. I think that is the most plausible direction, myself, and science tends to support this.

itwillhappen

I am saying there exists ZERO evidence that either there exists multiple universes or that the past actually exists. All the evidence points towards there being just one universe which simply exists, no past and no future, only the present moment relative to any given point in the universe.

Multiple universes is an unprovable idea taken from science fiction because atheists can't accept the consequences of the Big Bang. It's not that I discount the possibility, but as a person with a scientific background, I require proof, not applied metaphysics passing as "science". As far as multiple universes.. that's simply one interpretation of quantum physics, and not even particular satisfying parsimony. The other interpretation, that there is but one universe in actuality, and lots of possible states and outcomes (potency), makes the least number of assumptions. But, again, atheists don't like that because it confirms what theologians had been arguing since the middle ages: act and potency.

And as far as time travel being possible.. a place has to actually exist for you to travel to it. In philosophy, this is a question of realism. Is the past a real thing? On the one hand, you have the direction taken by Parminides in which past, present, and future exist in a totality of an unchanging universe. On the other hand, you have the direction of Heraclitus in which only the present moment exists, and that the past is erased in the present moment (flux), and the future is yet to exist. Between those two you have Aristotle with his four causes coupled with act and potency. I think that is the most plausible direction, myself, and science tends to support this.
You're in the wrong forum buddy. If time travel happens, it won't be in the way you're thinking. Also, if you don't believe in this stuff then there are plenty of other forum outlets out there in which you can go and discuss the things you believe in. Again you're in the wrong forum.

Kairos

You're in the wrong forum buddy. If time travel happens, it won't be in the way you're thinking. Also, if you don't believe in this stuff then there are plenty of other forum outlets out there in which you can go and discuss the things you believe in. Again you're in the wrong forum.

Whether or not I believe something means little regarding whether I am interested by it. I am, in fact, very interested in time travel, but I am not interested in playing these George Nory woo woo games.

You are starting off with a shit ton of assumptions where all the evidence we actually have contradicts them.

TimeFlipper

On Paranormalis, Kairos and every member has the absolute "right" to express their own opinions, and other members will decide for themselves if they want to challenge him or not, and certainly wont be swayed by what "you" have to say!!..