Pattern? maybe civil unrest, proof?

murphius

I am from the uk and have been looking closely at the us government progress, climaxing to the elections. I am not calling anyone in particular states dumb so please don't be offended, just a strong opinion.

Point:

The states that kerry won in the elections were the more *advanced* and *influential* states, a contrast to the more *hillbilly* states that bush won.

My sources to back this claim:

The whole of the westboard of america and the north-east more influential states voted for kerry, rather like a pattern. What do I mean by influential, educated and e-commerce states? New york, california, ect ..

The states that voted for bush on the other hand tended to be the less educated, states in central america which could easier be *brainwashed* with the media.

Could this be a basis of a split? or perhaps coincidence, and if so a split, when will it climax?

Just an idea

Darkwolf

The states that voted for bush on the other hand tended to be the less educated, states in central america which could easier be *brainwashed* with the media.

Murphus, I'll have to disagree on which states are more brainwashed. The very "education" that you say is protection from brainwashing is in itself brainwashing. The universitys in these areas are controlled by liberal extremeist professors and staff. Its pretty bad even here in the red zones, I'm currently working on a pollitical science degree and have been threatened with failing grades for saying things in class which were not "pollitically correct" which seems these days to trump factually correct. (saying that welfare should be abolished, that the second ammendment is an individual right, That 9/11 was the fault of terrorists and not us, things like that)
My most recent history class could be termed "white people are evil 101" and the revisions and distortions in the text books are too many to list. Unfortunatly, students seem to lap this stuff up like it was gospel, and the professors really get angry when the cannon gets questioned. Our high schools are just as bad. They seem more interasted in telling kids what to think than they are in giving them the skills to think. And such trivialities as math, reading, and writing get pushed aside for things like "multicultural studies" and "sensitivity training".
If you think that the Bushies controll the media, think again. Something like 89% of newspeople are avowed liberals and the entertainment media speaks for itself. Loudly.
Lack of formal education doesn't mean stupid, in fact somone without a slanted education can at least form their own opinion.
End of rant,
Phil

Cornelia

Just heard that a man from Georgia killed himself on Ground Zero to protest against Bush reelection. WTC families are going to Ground Zero to protest too.
No need of a link: it's on mainstream. :(

KiraSjon

Not speaking my personal opinion here of his actions...but just to fill you in on how Georgia is taking this: No one cares. I thought for sure they were have more coverage on the news about it, especially since he was from *here* but nope! No one here can understand how a presidential election can drive someone to kill themselves...there's just got to be something else, you know?

Personally, I feel badly for his family and I hope they eventually find out what truly drove him to commit this act. Until then, I hope they can find some sort of peace in all this.

StarLord

You have to admit that it's a very strong statement. In one sense, it's the ultimate sacrifice, but for me I'd prefer to give mine saving some other person, suicide has always been a form of giving up in my book.

Do you happen to remember monks in Viet Nam who used to douse themselves in gasoline and set themselves on fire in protest? It's an image that can stay with you for a very long time.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by murphius@Nov 9 2004, 11:00 AM
I am from the uk and have been looking closely at the us government progress, climaxing to the elections. I am not calling anyone in particular states dumb so please don't be offended, just a strong opinion.

Point:

The states that kerry won in the elections were the more *advanced* and *influential* states, a contrast to the more *hillbilly* states that bush won.

My sources to back this claim:

The whole of the westboard of america and the north-east more influential states voted for kerry, rather like a pattern. What do I mean by influential, educated and e-commerce states? New york, california, ect ..

Could this be a basis of a split? or perhaps coincidence, and if so a split, when will it climax?

Just an idea

Just an idea that reeks of bigotry.

You really need to get yourself over here and spend some time with the likes of Southerners and Westerners and Midwesterners; there are least a hundred different types of regional breeds, all intermixed in accent, tastes in food, and ethnic diversity. We also have some of the finest universities in Western Civilization west of the Mississippi and east of the Sierras. And some damn fine cooking and colleges along the Gulf coast and coastal plains-- two signs of advanced intelligence (food and books).

Any continent that gave us the Crusades and WWI has nothing on us for general intelligence.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence at all. You'll find people just as educated in rural Texas as there is in up-state New York. What you're pretty much doing is the same as if we were to say that everyone in Germany wears lederhosen, eats nothing but saur kraut and march around stiff legged like in those WWII film clips.

I do believe that Texas won Bush because they feel a loyalty to him, just as Massachusettes won Kerry. The regions that the candidates were from tended to vote for that person, in my opinion, because they felt they could identify with that person's values as they came from the area in which they live. This may not be coming out right, but I don't wamt to spend an enormous amount of time on this post. I think my meaning is fairly clear anyways ;)

Has nothing to do with intelligence.

PyRo99

Oh, how you'd be surprised. Ohio is Intellectual, as well as the rest of the states, chosing a President, is not something that is done, year by year. So, your choice of vote, has nothing to do whether or not you're level of intelligence is high, or low.

Hell, all liberals preside in those states, hence why they went Kerry. Hippies live there, so many big cities. They ALWAYS vote Democrat.

Darkwolf

Just heard that a man from Georgia killed himself on Ground Zero to protest against Bush reelection

I don't think we can really say that since he didn't leave a note, and isn't talking about it much.

scififan28

hey, yeah, the cities are mostly liberal but not all. The city life is very different, and not just full of hippies. Most people in the big cities just have a more liberal opinion over lots of stuff.