People becoming less intelligent not more

Monk87

Interesting. I don't think your economic standing has a direct relationship with your intelligence though. Unless you mean more people on welfare drags down the economy making life harder on everyone taking away from the amount of spare time they have to devote to intellectual endeavors.

twilightsky

Data is in. People becoming less intelligent not more. What is the reason? Foolish people tend to have lots of children and get SSI or supplemental security income. This allows the less intelligent to survive. Certainly evolution says that we evolve toward greater intelligence, but that is not so.

Victorian Era Brits Were Smarter Than Us : Discovery News

twilightsky

cell phones and credit cards,i ve never had eather,i live on 700 dollars a month,dont get above your raisin,
that's what my daddy always said'
well,over these past 12 or so years,,people have just zombie thereself out with the phones,and cumpusive buying,
new concept,get off the phone and quit buying shit you don't need and help a stranger,hell ,just be kind,what I,mm getting at is

HELL YEA,PEOPLE ARE FUCKIN IDIOTS THESE DAYS. PEACE FROM MISS LISA

Samstwitch

Data is in. People becoming less intelligent not more. What is the reason? Foolish people tend to have lots of children and get SSI or supplemental security income...

Correction: People who get SSI (Supplemental Security Income) are Disabled or over 65 who's Social Security Benefits are below the poverty line, so the Federal Government supplements the Benefits.

Example: One disabled (or over 65) person qualifying for Social Security getting $800 per month would receive SSI Benefits of about $86 per month...combined total = $886 per month. That's the amount allowed for one person. If a person's Social Security Benefits are $600 per month, they would get SSI Benefits of $286 per month. Social Security is paid into the Federal Government by working persons, and the Benefits are paid out by the Federal Government when they become disabled or retire over the age of 65.

Social Security Benefits are not government hand-outs. They have been paid-in by the person who is receiving them, or by a working spouse. Think of Social Security as Retirement or Disability Insurance Policy. People paid into it while working, and when they Retire or become totally disabled, they apply for Benefits. If they qualify for Disability Benefits (it's very difficult and usually takes years to get approved), then they get Social Security.

If I have it right...I believe what you are complaining about is Welfare. Welfare is money paid by individual States (some pay more than others) to non-working families with dependent children, or very low-income families with dependent children.

Skarpz

THe relation of people living off of the government and unintelligence isn't a wise one if you havan't done enough research. People never do enough and jujdge or rely on what others have said instead of deeply looking into the root of the situation and the real matters at hand. They only give you a certain amount of money and you can't do much with that money if you wanted to start some type of business of your own if places will not hire you because you havne't worked for so long because of being on benefits. Understande the whole of the situation and not the slice. There are a ton of people out there that can't get hired or live off of their own without getting what they want and even trying to make a life for themselves is very difficult. When getting back into the workforce while being on the income that's given and the that it's setup makes it harder to get off the system and more likely to stay on the system. Besides the extreme harshness the job world is on a lot of people and other peoile just get a break really easy. This economic world is a trough and the capital system will shut down or at least lock up soon enough. Even to start up a business, the person has to take out 30% of what they make to give back what they are earning and it might not be enough to survive long or support employees or keep the business surviving. Intelligence has nothing to do with having a job or relying on government money. Also, what should be known is that it seems as if the plan is to get the 50 million that are being supported by the goverment and whoever else later on will all be having the money taken away and then starvation will soon hit the nation and it will all be worse than the depression we had a while back. People rely on no physical cash and only money that can't be seen or handled. So, the depression that once was may as well soon be here. No one is prepared and everyone is apathetic and think everything is groovy until the day when the rug will be taken under them and panic will ensue. If you can't see what is really going on then you may be unintelligent. But none of that really matters. We must stick together and not be divided like that want when the harshest times just might soon come. It's only a guess, but it's better to be prepared than wake up to a reality that you can't comprehend and never wanted to be in the first place, but it will be harder if you just don't see it or don't care at all. Wake up.

TnWatchdog

I do think people are becoming less intelligent. Dah...duh, which is it? Too much dependence on technology...we can't do arithmetic without a calculator, we can't write anymore due to texting, or we can't read anymore due to too much youtube, movies, or television. The reading, writing, and arithmetic has been replaced 'NO' reading writing or arithmetic. Maybe it part of the plan to make us dependent on technology so when it is taken away, we will be lost and highly venerable. Who knows?

Skarpz

People may be becoming less intelligent but I don't see how it relates to people living off the government. That is ignorance of what is going on and yes other factors may create lower intelligence but not what the OP stated.