People on this site putting other people down

Pegii

I don't want to say names, this thread is probably going to be torn down anyway, however there have been a couple of users who are being quite rude to other users regarding time travel theories. I'm sure they have the best intentions because they think they are helping them, but in reality it's not needed. These people need support and re-assurance for some of the things that have happened are ghastly. By telling them to give up and ignore the people on this site genuinely busting a gut to discover time travel to me is beyond rude. If this was a logical science forum then I wouldn't be so mad. However this is a time travel forum to explore possibilities of time travel and paranormal. So I beg of you if you know you are please stop crushing their hopes and everybody else with half a brain cell either ignore the comments or flag them. Thanks,

Pegii-Juno Limberg

TimeFlipper

@Pegii I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself...
It is you who is at fault for trying to give people false hopes by claiming that you can go back in time and undo all their problems!
You spoke of logic..So tell me this, if such things as you claim were true then why has not hundreds of millions of people all over the world been "treated" by time-travelling to the past?...Do you really think that you alone can be mankind`s saviour Pegii?

Of course people like myself and others will point out that claims of time-travel and healing are nothing but fantasy, and people have to seek proper help to overcome the depression of losing a loved one...And for you to say that me and others are "RUDE"..i think you really need to be a lot more sensible with your choice of words!...

The Admins of Paranormalis will always post (within reason) the for`s and against of any subject matter, and when you post such fantasies then you have to accept that myself and others will post logic and facts pointing out that proper assistance is available for help....
There will always be people coming onto Paranormalis claiming they can travel through time, without a shred of any evidence of proof, and of course one of the best claims that you fall for is the "astral" type of time-travel....

Pegii, i believe your posting is just an attempt to try and regain some credibility amongst a few of your friends on here, and more importantly with the people who are genuinely suffering with depression, but who will never find that time-travel can help them....If however a "miracle" occurs, then i look forward to seeing your reports in UK newspapers, where you will be seen as the second coming of Christ :cautious:

Harte

If time travel is ever actually discovered, you can be absolutely certain that to accomplish it will require extremely complicated mathematics and science along with brilliant new engineering, and not by meditation or "thinking about it real hard" or by rubbing a plate on a scammer's useless piece of junk you were tricked into assembling from parts you had to purchase (after purchasing the "plans" from the con man.)

Also, it is wise to hope time travel is never discovered, and hope that it ends up being impossible, because there's no quicker way to end the world than to use a time travel device. That means all you people devoutly wishing for it would suddenly cease to exist.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Pegii, while I understand your concerns and agree on this site's mission, I can't help but notice that those you are complaining about have been trying to warn and protect you from many thing.

Those things being experiments involving drugs, as well as the fact that you're giving false hopes to people who are (understandably) desperate to change the past. You can't lure and give false hope to distressed and hurt people, telling them to expect working time travel methods to fix their life. That's what some of us have trouble with.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with believing or not in time travel. I want to believe in TT, but I never told a anyone the past could be changed, or that they could change the past to fix X or Y things. I talk to them and find non paranormal ways to improve their situation. Real things that we know work.

That's what people have been trying to tell you Pegii. Encouraging desperate people to expect time travel to fix their pain isn't any good.

CrazyChanges

Although I think giving people false hope can be disastrous, simply suggesting ideas to fix their situation (whether it involves time traveling or not) is harmless. You can stay open to suggestions and try methods that you find safe out, while simultaneously finding other ways to be happy again that don't involve TT. Telling someone straight up that doesn't work is discouraging and there are other ways to make sure that they aren't setting themselves up for failure.

Pegii

Although I think giving people false hope can be disastrous, simply suggesting ideas to fix their situation (whether it involves time traveling or not) is harmless. You can stay open to suggestions and try methods that you find safe out, while simultaneously finding other ways to be happy again that don't involve TT. Telling someone straight up that doesn't work is discouraging and there are other ways to make sure that they aren't setting themselves up for failure.
I couldn't have put it better myself

mariya94

I agree with CrazyChanges. Those who wish to explore time travel should do so. They should be able to express their opinions freely without being shut down by others who tell them straight up to give up. This is a time travel forum after all. And I believe that since everyone is working on time travel ideas here and building devices such as the HDR and STM, that they do believe in time travel. Otherwise, they wouldn't be doing it and they wouldn't have joined this forum in the first place. So, let's all think about that.

Pegii

I agree with CrazyChanges. Those who wish to explore time travel should do so. They should be able to express their opinions freely without being shut down by others who tell them straight up to give up. This is a time travel forum after all. And I believe that since everyone is working on time travel ideas here and building devices such as the HDR and STM, that they do believe in time travel. Otherwise, they wouldn't be doing it and they wouldn't have joined this forum in the first place. So, let's all think about that.
Exactly. I wish that people would be more open minded on a paranormal forum. If it was a skeptic-atheist forum then go ahead. But this is a place of open-mindedness.

Pegii

I don't get why I'm being demonized for wanting to time travel. I'm not deliberately giving people false hopes to be a troll. Even if it doesn't work I'm doing it for the best intentions. I'm not doing it for myself or anything I'm doing to help others. And I'm not condoning drug use. I'm just saying I've heard it works and I'm gonna try it, by myself. I am not saying other people should do it. I'm doing it for others.

CrazyChanges

I don't get why I'm being demonized for wanting to time travel. I'm not deliberately giving people false hopes to be a troll. Even if it doesn't work I'm doing it for the best intentions. I'm not doing it for myself or anything I'm doing to help others. And I'm not condoning drug use. I'm just saying I've heard it works and I'm gonna try it, by myself. I am not saying other people should do it. I'm doing it for others.

I don't believe what you're doing is giving people false hope. If anything, you're giving them hope. Period.