People seeing Fictional Characters in Real Life

KosherDill

Hello everyone! Glad to join this forum! This is a topic I'm interested in trying to make some sense of, so I'd appreciate your thoughts and theories.

On the Wikipedia page for the comic character John Constantine, there is a section entitled 'real life' which documents real life sightings of John Constantine. Several writers from Hellblazer have claimed to have seen John Constantine.

There have also been sightings of Slenderman, Disney characters, The Shadow (Novel character) and Hanna Barbera characters. They weren't people in costumes.. Some of these sightings weren't even humanoid in nature. They were (to the witnesses) the actual characters themselves. There was a sighting of Slenderman by a woman names Monique Jones in England, who didn't even know he was a fictional character. The entity was also noticed by her dog.

What was unusual about these sightings is they (the characters/entities) could interact with the physical world, and everyone else could see them, so it wasn't just one person who could see them at the same time. In one case that happened decades ago, which I can vaguely recall right now, some people were even killed, leaving one witness, who was disturbed for the rest of his life because of what he had seen. At first, it was a creepy looking silhouette out of some fog, then, when they became scared of it and correctly guessed what it was, that's when it started to fully appear and give chase, and it started to eat each of his friends, one by one, with only him surviving the encounter. When he gave a detailed description of what he saw and some drawings, it matched that of a character from a then-recently released cartoon show, except instead of being friendly, it was aggressive. It was as if they were flesh and blood entities, capable of talking, eating, opening doors, etc. From what I can recall right now, there was a search for bodies, but they could never be found, so it would seem as if something had eaten them, hence why no bodies could be recovered.

These entities don't seem to stick around for too long; with the John Constantine sightings, one of the writers decided to follow him around a corner, only to find that he'd disappeared!

Sometimes, these characters behave in a manner consistent with their source material. In other cases, they act out of character compared to their source material (ie, a friendly character being violent, or threatening).

I'm not sure if this is related to ghosts, but I was thinking about it earlier and just wondered what people's thoughts are on this phenomenon.

Wind7

Staff
I have had dreams along this particular line of strange but,
never anything I would personally call real.

John Constantine is an interesting character and a fave of mine.

BlastTyrant

This is my theory behind Black eyed kids, Slenderman, the Rake, etc is that enough people believe in them that they can literally will it into existence. That subconsciously if enough people believe in something it can be come true which is where so many of our urban legends come into play and why so many were only sighted for very short periods of time and never again.

I have seen this with prayer circles, where with enough focused concentration they were able to literally part clouds and create a perfect circle of where they were all meditating at. It was a cloudy night but over the top of where the people were meditating was perfectly clear and in a perfect circle.

WarpBoundBeard

This is my theory behind Black eyed kids, Slenderman, the Rake, etc is that enough people believe in them that they can literally will it into existence. That subconsciously if enough people believe in something it can be come true which is where so many of our urban legends come into play and why so many were only sighted for very short periods of time and never again.

I have seen this with prayer circles, where with enough focused concentration they were able to literally part clouds and create a perfect circle of where they were all meditating at. It was a cloudy night but over the top of where the people were meditating was perfectly clear and in a perfect circle.
Yes! i agree, we have manifested some beings not "the idea" but we can effect reality, so the either exist on another plane, dimension, partially and cause our power, belief its connected to this world till we quit consciously fearing, though im sure they can become more permanent. But do not assume, that all folks, things almost certainly learn live in different extremes on/in earth, if we saw those out of hiding, safety, etc id be a normie nightmare

Mr_Zero

this is a interesting theory. my theory would be the multiverse, if the multiverse theory is true and there are a infinite amount of universes then there would be a 100% chance that the shows, movies and characters we watch are in fact real in another universe. if this is the case then powerful characters like John Constantine can most probably jump universes ... somehow.

Mr_Zero

Yes! i agree, we have manifested some beings not "the idea" but we can effect reality, so the either exist on another plane, dimension, partially and cause our power, belief its connected to this world till we quit consciously fearing, though im sure they can become more permanent. But do not assume, that all folks, things almost certainly learn live in different extremes on/in earth, if we saw those out of hiding, safety, etc id be a normie nightmare
if humans have the ability to manifest things like this, then perhaps we are the creators of all the gods. maybe humans are the ones who created the current gods and perhaps the gods to come. interesting thought.

OakFieldAlienz444

It's BOTH the powers of focusing on things to make them real AND the multiverse.
The focusing is the trigger that brings things from the multiverse into our reality.

Focus=Trigger
Multiverse=Environment

example: when I write fanfiction I connect with the energy of a character strongly.
If I didn't I wouldn't be able to write it accurately. This is why some fanfiction is better
than others. The closer you are to how the characters REALLY are. And in a sense
you meet all these characters.
And these characters TELL YOU who they are and what they're like and their
likes and dislikes etc

Slenderman is actually a monster who works for the Illuminati and he shows
up for work in a suit and tie. He's sophisticated but creepy.