Debate Persecution of Christians In US

Suraska

Are Christians Really Persecuted in America?

I myself am Christian, but as one of Jehovah's Witnesses I am forbidden to get involved in politics. Therefore I ask other more worldy people. Do you think it is getting harder to be Christian in America? I recently heard someone make the reference of persecution of Jews when Hitler came to power in describing the growing hatred towards Christians here. Agree? Disagree?

IroncladMarshmallow

I think it depends on where you are. Small towns in the Midwest seem safe for Christians and others.

Suraska

I think it depends on where you are. Small towns in the Midwest seem safe for Christians and others.

Not entirely. The Upper Midwest town I live in is experiencing an influx of Somali Muslim Refugees and suddenly it's not polite to speak about God in any type of public setting(work,store,school). We might offend them,even though most don't speak English.

IroncladMarshmallow

Not entirely. The Upper Midwest town I live in is experiencing an influx of Somali Muslim Refugees and suddenly it's not polite to speak about God in any type of public setting(work,store,school). We might offend them,even though most don't speak English.
Oh, that's bad. Around here, that mostly only happens in bigger cities... so far...