Placebo pills

Genius

King Ivan
I've heard that placebo pills have been used to cure people instead of the real medicine, but what else do you think it can do? Do you think it's possible for it to be able to do the following: making you live longer, make you physically and/or mentally stronger, make you run faster, make you smarter...? How about using it for things like: taking it before bed so you can have a lucid dream, using it to make meditation easier, using it to be able to easily perform astral projection and much more?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Obviously our bodies have the ability to heal themselves with just a belief that it will happen. But some of the cures just defy medical understanding. If we all have this ability, why isn't the medical community using it to cure people? I guess there is no money to be made on healthy people.

But how far does this power of belief extend? For instance: If you believe very strongly that your messed up life is just a bad dream, will you wake up in an alternate reality where nothing bad actually happened?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The mind is powerful, but it's power isn't the same from one individual to the other. What works for someone doesn't for other people.

That being said, does 100% of the modern science remedies work for everyone?

TimeFlipper

I agree, but there are times when Common Sense must prevail
Obviously our bodies have the ability to heal themselves with just a belief that it will happen. But some of the cures just defy medical understanding. If we all have this ability, why isn't the medical community using it to cure people? I guess there is no money to be made on healthy people.

But how far does this power of belief extend? For instance: If you believe very strongly that your messed up life is just a bad dream, will you wake up in an alternate reality where nothing bad actually happened?
We should all pay when we are healthy, and get free treatment when we are ill..i think the Chinese used to do that :D
And yes mate i agree with your last point about being transported to to some alternative dimension if you merely believe you will..it aint gonna happen is it? :LOL:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I agree, but there are times when Common Sense must prevail

We should all pay when we are healthy, and get free treatment when we are ill..i think the Chinese used to do that :D
And yes mate i agree with your last point about being transported to to some alternative dimension if you merely believe you will..it aint gonna happen is it? :LOL:

The FDA and the medical community are so corrupt over here, I am willing to take my chances with the power of belief. I do use a visualization technique during meditation to keep myself healthy. And so far it seems to be working. But no luck is trying to visualize myself as being filthy rich.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sounds like it doesn't work for everything!

Einstein, did you notice a difference before and after you started your visualization exercises?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Sounds like it doesn't work for everything!

Einstein, did you notice a difference before and after you started your visualization exercises?

I use the technique when I get a cold. It's rare that my cold will last the full ten days. Typically 3 to 6 days and I'm over with it.