Plans for ‘off-world human DNA seed bank’ on Moon so alien civilization could ‘recreate’ us

Num7

Administrator
Staff
SPACEX just launched a lot of human DNA to the International Space Station.

The Crew-4 mission blasted off on April 27 and part of the cargo was a biobank containing DNA from 500 different species.

One of those species was humans and there are now over 2,000 different DNA samples from lots of different people in space.

A company called LifeShip is behind the DNA collection.

It hopes to one day create an off-world genetic human seed bank on the Moon.

The idea is similar to the Global Seed Vault we have on Earth.

The Global Seed Vault has the capacity to hold 4.5million seed samples.

If there happened to be a global catastrophe and a lot of life on Earth was destroyed, the Global Seed Vault could help humans grow plants again or help a species come back from the brink of extinction.

LifeShip aims to do a similar thing, but with humans and other animals.

Its website states: "At LifeShip, we believe that humanity has an important part to play in continuing the cycle of life in the Universe and expanding life outwards from our planet.

Keep reading:

lamdo263

SPACEX just launched a lot of human DNA to the International Space Station.

The Crew-4 mission blasted off on April 27 and part of the cargo was a biobank containing DNA from 500 different species.

One of those species was humans and there are now over 2,000 different DNA samples from lots of different people in space.

A company called LifeShip is behind the DNA collection.

It hopes to one day create an off-world genetic human seed bank on the Moon.

The idea is similar to the Global Seed Vault we have on Earth.

The Global Seed Vault has the capacity to hold 4.5million seed samples.

If there happened to be a global catastrophe and a lot of life on Earth was destroyed, the Global Seed Vault could help humans grow plants again or help a species come back from the brink of extinction.

LifeShip aims to do a similar thing, but with humans and other animals.

Its website states: "At LifeShip, we believe that humanity has an important part to play in continuing the cycle of life in the Universe and expanding life outwards from our planet.

Keep reading:
Not sure they could even get that done of nuke war breaks out. A lot of aliens in space already have our DNA records.

TimeFlipper

Not sure they could even get that done of nuke war breaks out. A lot of aliens in space already have our DNA records.
I agree with you regarding the Aliens in space having human DNA records...Its possible that Aliens years ago impregnated cave women, with their own DNA by using the traditional way, and that created intelligence ;) :eek:

Mayhem

Zenith
But in saying this whom or what has determined what DNA to take, humans arent prefect by any means!

Last edited:

Beholder

Thats a bit strong isnt it?
Before I saw discrimination myself, I thought "who would be that mean?", when my foreign friends talked about it. After seeing skilled guys from India get sorted out based on prejudice in a company, I realized that most of it is subconscious bias when people claim to go by their "gut feeling" about people's skills. Some people associate India with poverty, not a highly educated driving force behind silicon valley.

Mayhem

Zenith
That being said, if the Dna copies of certain sections of the human race arent carried out to a seed bank is that in one way saying, implying or carrying out a form of genocide so to speak.

Don't we want all human representation in a seed bank? maybe going off topic a bit:)