Poll Finds One-Third of Americans Think an Alien Ship Likely Crashed at Roswell

Num7

Administrator
Staff
An enlightening new poll conducted ahead of the 75th anniversary of the legendary Roswell incident found that one-third of Americans consider it plausible that the mysterious event was alien in nature. Administered by researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University, the survey asked participants to offer their opinion on the statement "extraterrestrials crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947." In response, 34% indicated that they thought this scenario was either somewhat or very likely to have occurred, while 51 percent said that it was unlikely that such an event happened.

Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the poll results, organizers noted, are the similarities in support for the proverbial extraterrestrial hypothesis among political affiliations and age groups. To that end, 34% of Democrats and 31% of Republicans said the saucer crash scenario was plausible. This was almost mirrored by 32% of people under 30 and 35 percent of people over 65 being open to the idea of Roswell being an ET event. "There are very few beliefs that unite people across the political and social spectrum in the US," the researchers observed, "but thinking that the Roswell incident involved extraterrestrials is among them."

Interestingly, the survey also asked for opinions concerning a couple of other concepts from the world of high strangeness. Regarding the existence of Bigfoot, the famed cryptid wound up being bested by Roswell in the poll with only 23% suggesting the creature was likely to be real, while a staggering 69 percent were Sasquatch skeptics. The infamous Flat Earth Theory fared even worse as only 10 percent expressed being open to the possibility and a whopping 85% saying that the found the concept to be unbelievable.

Source:

MODAT7

Roswell? Alien? Nah...

Everyone knows it was a weather balloon filled with swamp gas that got tied around the leg of a juvenile sasquatch dangling in the sky and then struck by lightning while crossing a freak weather temperature inversion that left strange geological scars dug into the ground along with the fried body of the burnt off the hair ape falling to the ground nearby...

It must have been a real sight to see when it happened... o_O

OakFieldAlienz444

Nope! Just another made up poll number.

That's something I wondered too. If it was just a fake poll number.
I'm not sure honestly how many believe it and how many don't.
Both the official explanation and alien explanation have holes in them
but due to the fact I've seen Greys and UFO's myself I tend
to think an alien ship crashed there and they covered it up.
Do you?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
That's something I wondered too. If it was just a fake poll number.
I'm not sure honestly how many believe it and how many don't.
Both the official explanation and alien explanation have holes in them
but due to the fact I've seen Greys and UFO's myself I tend
to think an alien ship crashed there and they covered it up.
Do you?

Yes. I do believe there was a coverup. Of course I could be biased because I was informed about all the facts in the case while in school. I trusted my teacher, so I believed.

OakFieldAlienz444

Yes. I do believe there was a coverup. Of course I could be biased because I was informed about all the facts in the case while in school. I trusted my teacher, so I believed.

The government explanation for the bodies was so laughably lame.
The crash test dummies were gigantic compared to the small little guys
with big heads the witnesses saw. The government refused to ever address
any of those discrepancies.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The government explanation for the bodies was so laughably lame.
The crash test dummies were gigantic compared to the small little guys
with big heads the witnesses saw. The government refused to ever address
any of those discrepancies.

I've listened to a lot of the Phil Corso interviews. He was there at the time and seems to be telling a believable account of things that happened with the bodies. He also claims a lot of our technology came from that crash debris.

OakFieldAlienz444

I listened to an audiobook version of his account. He had a large role in World War II
that a lot of people don't know about. I forget exactly what it was---I think some
kind of mission in Italy not sure.