Debate Portals

Would you like a portal in your home?

• Yes, so I can beat a nerd from my class. Brings back happy memories.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He has no right to change locks and call me a stalker.

• Nope. Another fad I'm staying out of.

• Only so I can buy stuff very cheap from China and personally scold any scammer in Mandarin.

• What's the difference when your parents keep knocking on the door every week?

• The world would be too small to get away on a vacation.

• Yeah, bring on the LAN party.

• Couch surfing, here I come.

• I already have strangers using my toiled and complaining would there being pee on the floor.

• The thought of being split in half by accident excites me, so yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Beholder

Sometimes I think that it would be kind of neat to have portals in people's houses, so that one can open a door and buy fresh mango from asia or just walk into your friend's home. But instead of becomming like remote work, it could also end up like Facebook, where you can't get away from people you pretend to like. You are expected to add a portal to every old relative, who might enter your room without knocking. Exes that you can't get rid of come in crying. Your bully from middle school stop by just to punch you in the face. Random strangers enter your home just to troll you with a flaming bag and run. Foreign spies sneak around and read your diary, to find out who you voted for. Movie directors looking for bootlegs in your Bluray collection.

Wind7

Staff
It's faked imho but,
it made the news.....soooo "It must be legit....Eh?" :sarcasm:

;)

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
This isn't a joke post.

I had investigative teams looking for proof of paranormal activity in my home back in the early 2000's.
This was urged on by friends, Room mates and their respective families all having had
experiences while visiting or staying overnight.

One such group were attached to a very well known medium, Echo Bodine as they were her students.
One of them was very impressive, giving me images of what my house looked like over the phone
and hitting with 99.7% accuracy.

She described a swirling portal that was subterranean just under my home in an area
she was never told about, where the most activity occurred.

I learned portals exist but just outside of prove-ability and this one swirled both in and out at the same time
all this according to the investigations team and was documented by some sort of science team as well.

I never received any feedback from them after telling them I wanted all that they found to remain sussed.
They wanted the exposure....I refused and had to get legal to keep myself and my home anonymous.

Over and done.

I believe they (portals) really do exist but only in the area called Fringe.

What is a portal to you the reader?

MODAT7

Portals need an off button to prevent the things mentioned. Maybe an invert or random button could be fun for people who don't get the message... otherwise they'll end up like our phone spammers. I'd rather have a portal than be stuck in the horrible traffic around here.

Wind7

Staff
I remember a short story I read a very long time ago called LITTERBUG
that this thread reminds me of.

Was about a guy who discovers a wormhole and uses it as a garbage disposal
which in turn, angers the beings on the other side.

Astra_Jingga

One of them was very impressive, giving me images of what my house looked like over the phone
and hitting with 99.7% accuracy.

It won't surprise me if she can also see them in their true form :)

She described a swirling portal that was subterranean just under my home in an area
she was never told about, where the most activity occurred.

At first I thought it was in your basement but when I re-read the paragraph again, I have another impression. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but, by 'subterranean', do you mean like 'under the ground' literally, like 'a buried portal', perhaps?

I find the idea of having a buried portal in your place to be strange, but perhaps it's because I've never encountered something like it before.

It's not impossible, nonetheless, since portals (in my understanding) have always been there in the first place (maybe) and, a portal can be buried due to some accidents on our side-heck, to my understanding, a portal can even exist in the deepest part of our ocean.

I believe they (portals) really do exist but only in the area called Fringe.

What do you mean 'the fringe' area? Do you mean it as in 'periphery' area, or something similar?

What is a portal to you the reader?

To my understanding, a portal is just that; a portal, like in 'doorway', 'gate', or something similar where an object can 'slip in or out' between spaces.

And when it comes to paranormal, from what I gathered, a portal can be anywhere. The activities around a portal can be heavy, but it's not going to be the heaviest you can get in this matter.

For example (just for example, things don't always have to be literally go like this);
what we take on this side as a 'portal' can be a gate in the wall on the other side. A portal can be there on or near your front door on this side, and on the other side, the area inside of your home can be their yard or their settlement/establishment, if that makes sense.

This is, the case in where you'd usually have the heaviest of disturbances in your place. In this case, it's not really about the portal, as the real problem would most likely be with the settlement.

As with only having light to medium level disturbances, maybe you have a portal there. But maybe it's just a traffic (as in, a road) that leads to a portal (the portal can be anywhere in this case-it doesn't have to be in or near your place). There'd usually be no settlement/establishment on the other side, in or near your place, in this case.

Still, this is not something I can say with 100% certainty. There's always room for rare case(s).