Practicing Meditation

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I watched The Secret, one of my favorite movies, again on Thursday. Ever since then, I've found myself fired up to more seriously set myself on the path to fulfill my long-term dreams. I remember someone in the movie saying that one should close his/her eyes and visualize what he/she wants to accomplish for a period of "several minutes", feeling as if he/she is achieving or has already accomplished it.

Since I last watched the movie, I have applied using The Secret while practicing meditation. When I meditate, I put on meditation music, close my eyes, sit in a cross-legged position, try to block out all negative thoughts and distractions, and focus on visualizing my future goals, while feeling good about it in the process. I do all of these steps in the process every day, not opening my eyes or stopping the meditation process until the alarm I set on my cell phone goes off.

The first day I meditated, I did it for about 15 minutes, and so far I've increased meditation time by increments of 5 minutes every day following the first. After I meditate, I feel very different from when I felt before I started meditating. I feel lighter and have, at least virtually, no stress in my mind. I plan on working my way up to at least one hour of meditation per day.

This is how I meditate, and I hope all this stuff I posted helps others who are trying to meditate and/or use The Secret to help them achieve their goals. Any thoughts, comments, advice, or suggestions?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You're good if you're able to manage a 1 hour meditation period per day. Takes a lot of dedication to do that on a regular basis without stopping after a little while.

If you're able to do that, you should get some interesting results.

Did you ever experience OOBE or astral travel?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
You're good if you're able to manage a 1 hour meditation period per day. Takes a lot of dedication to do that on a regular basis without stopping after a little while.

If you're able to do that, you should get some interesting results.

Did you ever experience OOBE or astral travel?
  1. I'm actually working my way up to one hour of meditation. Thursday, I did more than 15 minutes, Friday over 20, Saturday over 25, and Sunday over 30. So today I will do over 35.
  2. I am definitely looking forward to those results.
  3. I have not experienced an out-of-body experience or astral travel yet, but I'm confident I will, at least fairly soon.

bluejay_1919

1. I'm actually working my way up to one hour of meditation. Thursday, I did more than 15 minutes, Friday over 20, Saturday over 25, and Sunday over 30. So today I will do over 35.
  2. I am definitely looking forward to those results.
  3. I have not experienced an out-of-body experience or astral travel yet, but I'm confident I will, at least fairly soon.
I met my father, who passed in 2010, during deep meditation. He picked me up in a small wooden boat and I climbed in and we just sat there, in quiet peace as the ripples of the lake rocked the boat. He gently paddled, and I dipped my hands in the cool water. We never spoke a word, but we didn't have to. There was nothing but love and peace. He paddled me back to shore and disappeared in the fog. I ended my meditation in happy tears.

Hang in there.. experiences will come. I've floated in space, and rested in a cabin in a forest. [emoji4] nothing will compare to seeing my father again.

davi9d

Hi! I like the meditation so much but still it's hard difficult for me... If some one can help me I would thank you... I only could made meditation for 5 minutes. Sorry my bad english I don't speak english at all

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Hi! I like the meditation so much but still it's hard difficult for me... If some one can help me I would thank you... I only could made meditation for 5 minutes. Sorry my bad english I don't speak english at all
If you have a cell phone, and you know how to set an alarm on it, do that, setting a time at least 15 minutes in advance. I would recommend at least 15 minutes to start. Make it a daily habit, and keep practicing. You should see improvement in a few days, I think. ;)

davi9d

If you have a cell phone, and you know how to set an alarm on it, do that, setting a time at least 15 minutes in advance. I would recommend at least 15 minutes to start. Make it a daily habit, and keep practicing. You should see improvement in a few days, I think. ;)
Thanks for answer me... I will practice it every day, It's so much relaxing. I won't left this habit never.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Last night, I meditated for over 35 minutes. During meditation, I could hear what sounded like birds chirping a few times, and I could also hear a deep male voice, but I couldn't make out what he said, if he was saying anything at all. A little more than 15 minutes after meditation, I noticed that my mind felt very weird and couldn't focus on one thing at a time like it normally does, thus preventing from sleeping for a while. I suspect that my mind experienced a growth spurt last night. Now I notice I can do stuff like more advanced math like multiplication and division in my head more easily.