Project Pelican

TimeFlipper

I thought Project Pelican was interesting Dawg, do you remember the Pelican Brief and how silly it was to put a Pelican into a pair of Mens Briefs :D..

Cirrus

If this is all true, it's bad and, depending on the terms of the lease, are cause for automatic termination of the agreement.

I'm a bit skeptical only because this port is owned by a state agency. Most ports are owned and/or operated by the states with limited federal oversight unless something like the allegations made here arise. In agreeing to common lease terms, states usually won't ask the lessee to open their books completely which would have been the only way to really chase the money here prior to agreeing to the lease. As with anything, of course, a thick layer of fleece can be used to get a deal to happen, so maybe that happened here but my gut tells me that Florida wanted the money and the jobs and this entity provided both (along with meeting the terms of state procurement). Either way, it's probably best for Florida to start some ejectment proceedings.

Well isn't that a lovely thought to have those things running all over the world in shipping containers. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is a true story.

What a freak show