Public Execution in America in the 2030's?

lev

::.. I'd like to get some reaction on the following Titor response to a question regarding punishment ..::

Originally posted by ?by John Titor
((What kind of public punishment is there?))

Hard labor, community service, banishment (you must move to another community), public execution.

::.. Does anyone believe that this can happen in such a short span of time :: 26 years :: here, in the US? ..::.. Specifically community banishment and public execution ..::

StarLord

Care to guess the social stigma you have to endure owning just one hand in countries like saudi arabia and around there? Care to guess just how that person lost that hand and what it means?

A person was "over there" during prayer time and the Gold Markets were all but deserted and you could hardly see a police man any where. When asked where the police were to protect all this gold jewlery, the aforementioned status of a persons hand was alluded to if a person were caught stealing. Thus there was not much of a problem like that they were told. Steal twice and how will you feed your self?, how will you clean youself? The ultimate insult would be to cut off the "feeding" hand first so that the "cleaning" hand must touch the food.....

I bet you that the murder rate and violent crime rate would go to zero if we closed all the jails, and publicly shot on television, the trangressors. No more three hots and a cot for life, & all the books you can read.

CaryP

::.. Does anyone believe that this can happen in such a short span of time :: 26 years :: here, in the US? ..::.. Specifically community banishment and public execution ..::

Lev,

This is easily believable under the circumstances described by Titor. Small, close communities that are required to produce their own energy, clean water, food, etc. would not be able to tolerate slackers, especially after a long Civil War followed by nuclear WW III which destroyed a fair amount of infrastructure. Hell, I wish we practised the banishment and public executions now. I'm with StarLord, we don't need the record number of jails and inmates we have today. We need more direct and public punishment, and not all the state funding for the "three hots and a cot" that inmates get.

Cary

Cyberbomb

In titors future, the different communitys are like a country in themselves, as they make up their own rules and if you don't want to live under them... good bye, don't get blown up by the left over landmines from the war.

Because the communitys are all controled by the people, all of them would be different in their rules based on how the people controling the communitys wanted where they lived. We all know that everybody is different, I think titor was just giving a general impression of the communitys he was in, or have heard about, I highly doubt that all of the communitys would support banishment and execution, but depending on the people there would definitly be at least one community that had rules like these.

Since rules like these were implemented in the middle ages, who says they can't make a resurrection with a "modern meltdown"

lev

Originally posted by Cyberbomb@Sep 18 2004, 04:06 PM
In titors future, the different communitys are like a country in themselves, as they make up their own rules and if you don't want to live under them... good bye, don't get blown up by the left over landmines from the war.

Because the communitys are all controled by the people, all of them would be different in their rules based on how the people controling the communitys wanted where they lived. We all know that everybody is different, I think titor was just giving a general impression of the communitys he was in, or have heard about, I highly doubt that all of the communitys would support banishment and execution, but depending on the people there would definitly be at least one community that had rules like these.

Since rules like these were implemented in the middle ages, who says they can't make a resurrection with a \"modern meltdown\"

::.. Thanks for the responses ..::