Puzzle 01

Nak Sae Glim

I have a box!
Can you prove it?

Without observation, dimensions or any measureable imput it is impossible isn't it?

Without measurable qualities any object is considered at best theoretical and unable to be proven to exisit until it has said measureable qualities.

It stands to reason then, that without some quantifiable way to confirm i have a box, i do in fact, not have a box.

A lie on my part?

Or a seperate concept of existence that mankind has yet to cover?

I argue these as new relative concepts to measure the box.

"Length, width, height, location, timeframe, observable, potential, actual, theoretical."

Without any of these it would be impossible to confirm the box does in fact exist.

Truthfully it would be a lie then.

However as the box could theoretically exist. We cannot deny it, in fact the simple concept that it could be "theoretical" is enough reason to pose it as a genuine object. Boxes exist, why not my box?

Further proven by the "potential" that the box could exist. As we know already that boxes are common objects.

We then would back this up with the "time" frame we live in, a box is also easy to procure.

We can also finally assume the box is with me, filling "location" as a known measure. Except that leaves you with the gap of knowledge of my location. The plot thickens!

All of this meaning if the box did in fact exist it would be measureable for all other
quantities. If it isnt just theoretical.

So i ask again do i have a box? Or don't i?

Confused yet? Solved it?

There is a way for those of you who can't solve it. Just take your time and think it over.

For those who do solve it, shhh! Don't spoil it.

Mayhem

Zenith
Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia

330px-Schrodingers_cat.svg.png

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

Luke.369

there is a box. Lie or trueth as you telling the trueth then there is, but even if you lied then in that act of lying you make something from scratch. As the idea of a box was not there at all in my mind but now there is a fourth dimentional box in my mind that your trueth or lie has made and all points are in turn, in my own mind. location and all.

taykair

I don't know if you have a box or not. I'm agnostic as far as your box is concerned. I'm a-box-tic.

I do know (or, at least, I think I do) that all things exist within the tiny, yet infinite, space which lies between zero and one - between impossibility and absolute certainty. And I believe that what we call the impossible is simply that which has a very low probability of being sensed by us, and what we call a certainty is only that which has a very high probability of being sensed by us.

When I say "sensed by us", I don't necessarily mean first-hand observation of an object or event. I'm nowhere near a real elephant right now, but I can sense one by watching a nature documentary on television. I can sense an elephant that's more than two millenia old by reading a book about Hannibal's crossing of the Alps. I can even sense pink, polka-dotted elephants, given just the right amount of Irish whiskey.

Many of us (perhaps most of us) see reality as either objective or subjective. We say that objective reality is "what's really out there", and that subjective reality is merely our imprecise and incomplete sensing of objective reality. Imprecise because our senses may, in some way, fail us. Incomplete because my subjective reality is not yours. (I see, on TV, the elephant charging a group of tourists. You are one of the tourists. Our realities may differ somewhat.)

What is "out there", then? What is objective reality? It's everything between zero and one. In other words: It's everything. There is nothing so outlandish, so utterly rediculous, so (yes, I'll say it) impossible that it does not exist somewhere in this great big universe of universes. Some of us have been lucky enough (or insane enough, take your choice) to have sensed something that no one else can perceive. Do we say, because seven billion people have not sensed what you have sensed, that they are right and you are wrong, and that objective reality does not have room for your silly notions? Is that what objective reality is? Is it merely what the majority (even an overwhelming majority) says it is? No, that can't be right.

Okay. That's enough. My head hurts.

About your box, though: In one reality, you are in possession of a box. In another reality, you do not have a box. In another reality, boxes don't exist, so you don't have one. In another reality, only boxes exist, but you don't, so you can't have one. In another reality, you are a box.

And in yet another reality, you are clutching your box tight as you ride your pink, polka-dotted elephant to work.