Quantum Topics?

SergiusPaulus

Hi

I’m seeing regular articles online about the progress of quantum technology. Can we maybe get a topic heading of Quantum Related threads? They may currently be mixed in with other threads in various sections.

Beholder

The forum already has many overlapping categories, so I find it difficult to know if something belongs to "Magic & Occult" (slightly darker) or "Spirituality & Mysticism" (a bit more new age). "Covid-19" and "Alternative Medicine" is almost entirely overlapping with alternative cures for Covid. Then there are the five time travel categories not specifically about Titor.

Wind7

Staff
Hi

I’m seeing regular articles online about the progress of quantum technology. Can we maybe get a topic heading of Quantum Related threads? They may currently be mixed in with other threads in various sections.
@SergiusPaulus

I've asked Num7 what he thinks about having a separate Quantum Physics sub forum.

We'll see what he has to say, keep checking in here for updates.

Thanks!! :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thank you for the suggestion!

The way I see it, a thread about "quantum technology" fits in several sections right now.

- Quantum time travel fits either in the general time travel section or time machines and experiments.
- Quantum computers fit in science and technology.
- Other kinds of quantum stuff can fit in other sections too.

Considering that, I'm not tempted to create a new section dedicated to it. I think it would be confusing to figure out where you're supposed to post your thread related to "quantum something". For instance, quantum time travel. Do I post it in the quantum section or the time travel section? I try to minimize those questions as much as possible to avoid confusion.

@Beholder, you're right that some of our sections have overlap. The COVID section will probably merge with Health and alternative medicine at some point in the future. It's hard not to have any kind of overlapping, but I try to minimize it.