Quercetin

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Disclaimer: Of course, I'm not a doctor. I don't know about long term effects and I don't know if you're allergic to this, so please do your own research and/or consult your doctor if necessary. I'm only basing this on my own experiences and what NIH is saying. Consider this opinion for now and don't do something stupid.

Quercetin is found in fruits and vegetables, but most humans don't eat enough of them to reap the benefits, so it has been made in pill form. For those that want government involvement and studies, the NIH has been studying it and found good results. This is only one example, but there are other studies. Just search.

So, whenever I get a cold, I take it with Zinc. It apparently helps zinc enter the cells. It protects the lungs (and they found this true in rats) from infection. I had the flu a few weeks ago and it stayed out of my lungs while on this. The only side effect I personally had (and it isn't listed anywhere) is that after a few days it started making me feel really depressed. Stopping it helped, so I will only take it when I'm sick and skip days when necessary.

Keep in mind that I have no clue if this interferes with other medications, so proceed with caution.

Disclaimer: Of course, I'm not a doctor. I don't know about long term effects and I don't know if you're allergic to this, so please do your own research and/or consult your doctor if necessary. I'm only basing this on my own experiences and what NIH is saying. Consider this opinion for now and don't do something stupid.

Last edited: