Question about free-energy devices.

cyberdude

I have a question about free-energy devices. I see that there are two main forums here - one on time-travel and the other on the paranormal. I don't see any forum for free-energy devices, and I am wondering why. I suppose free-energy ideas and schematics could be posted to the paranormal sub-forum titled "Science & Technology," or perhaps the sub-forum titled "Unconventional Engineering, Projects & Radionics," but I'm not sure about that. Can someone enlighten me on this?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It does somewhat fit in the Science and Tech section, but I see that section as rather more of a spot for hard science and such.

It's not identified as such, but I'd tend to post about free-energy devices in the Unconventional Engineering section.

The section's name could be fine-tuned, that's for sure. Perhaps "Project" could be replaced with "Free Energy" or something that would make it more inclusive, while still being clear.

cyberdude

It does somewhat fit in the Science and Tech section, but I see that section as rather more of a spot for hard science and such.

It's not identified as such, but I'd tend to post about free-energy devices in the Unconventional Engineering section.

The section's name could be fine-tuned, that's for sure. Perhaps "Project" could be replaced with "Free Energy" or something that would make it more inclusive, while still being clear.
Thanks for the update.

Beholder

The problem is defining free energy. Solar is free, but too obvious. Radiowave collectors with coils are either picking up tiny amounts of static electricity from moving around with thick clothes, or picking up waste energy from the spinning magnetic fields around powerlines using 50Hz or 60Hz.

I would be more interested in novel ways to store the energy to make it more available when it's cloudy and no wind. LiFePO4 works well for the daily charge and drain cycle, but regular Li-Ion batteries with fewer cycles are much cheaper for storing the weekly surplus.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've posted many posts over the years on free energy devices. I even invented one I posted about, only to discover someone else had a patent on the idea over 50 years ago. I have read a lot about the homopolar generator which actually goes back to Faraday who discovered the idea behind the invention. The machine uses liquid metal brushes to reduce electrical resitance enabling a rated 5 to 1 power output over unity device. The most recent patented device invented by Thomas Bearden and 4 other scientists is called the Motionless Electromagnetic Generator (MEG). The academic community doesn't promote or endorse any free energy device. But then I don't promote any of the academic community bullshit.

IlluminatiArchbishop

Oh and there is perpetual motion magnetic engines that just keep spinning and creating their own energy as long as they are left on but supposedly they take a lot of energy to power up. Anyhow I believe the government has already admitted the military has these