Question about prophetic dreams please

optimist

Re: Question about prophetic dreams please

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"dreamer_girl\")</div>
That was an excellent point Optimist you hit on ....Somehow i do know with feelings when iam allowed to tell others of dreams i have of them and when the situation cannot be changed...I once dreamt of my mom before she was diagnosed with terminal cancer...In my dream i was driving her to our church and i dropped her off in the church parking lot...As she got out of my car she had this peaceful look on her face with the most beautiful smile, and she said \" don't worry about me, i'm going to be just fine\"...I kept this dream to myself because somehow i knew it was not meant to be changed...In that dream i knew i would never see her again...It was shortly after that she went to the doctor with stomach problems and the CT scan showed a large tumor...Everyone in my family was hopeful they caught it in time, but i knew they didn't...She died after surgery when the cancer progressed...As far as other warnings in my dreams i feel were given to me to allow my friends or family to decide on their own if they want to listen or not...It could be something as simple as telling one of my friends to remember to wear her life vest while in a boat when she was going to the coast, which in my dream she drowned by hitting her head on the side of the boat while standing up and fell into the water, but would not have drowned if first, she was not being careless standing up in the boat acting crazy, and then having her vest on also...I believe it makes them aware and yet they still have freewill to do as they choose...In this case, she was planning on going to the coast that week, and she admitted she has been bad about not wearing her life vest...This time she did and was careful how she acted up in the boat....So i do believe some things can be changed only if that person wants to listen and has the desire to change the outcome....I can understand dreaming of family and friends, but my confusion as always been why i dream of castrophe world situations i could definately do without....Maybe dreams really are a form of time travel...[/b]

dreamer_girl It's great that you could warn your friend about the danger in the boat, and it seems to me like the messge from your mother was a blessing, in that you were better prepared for her passing. I think that we're all in the process of writing our own stories in life and that sometimes others have made definite decisions - like it's their time to go, while most of us are just struggling through.

I have been thinking a lot about your question about knowing about castropies that you can't change. Perhaps, having that experience is a part of your personal development, and perhaps you do have a connection to these events that you aren't conscious of. I like to beleive that you get what you need, even if it isn't what you want. Where that takes you is dependent on the choices you make and the understanding that you develop. Hope this makes sense.

binary

I've been a direct witness of nuclear explosions on a few occasions.

I agree with optimist. I think a lot of times its about personal development. I feel - because of my dreams - that the work I'm doing now is important and needs to happen as quickly as I can make it happen.

During my dreams, I've been nuked repeatedly. All in different locations. I've also had a few dreams where I've been killed in explosions. I've only had one dream that I've been killed by a nuclear blast.

Anyway, I've had a few explosion dreams. One was in a field. I was walking along and all of a sudden everything turned yellow and white and I found myself kind of floating away... I thought great, I'm dead.

Then later I had a few dreams about nukes. During the first one, I was in Florida in a swimming pool. I've never been down there, but I was looking at the horizon, and I began to speculate what a nuclear explosion would look like if it happened there. Then, as is the predictable nature of dreams, it was there for real, and I began to panic. The dream skipped to me and my father in a car driving away from what was the event horizon of some kind of singularity bomb, which still formed a mushroom cloud... but one with wierd white streaks coming from the cap. I saw the car from above, it was a little red one.

Anyway I didn't die that time. Then I had a dream that I was up by my grandparents house by the university that I go to. I could see about 30 miles downriver to a bridge that was down there. I was in a grass field with my nephew. When I looked out over the city that I was in, it had an orange haze all through it, and I thought - that doesn't happen too often.. then down by the bridge - a huge nuclear blast. I remember grabbing my nephew and turning him away from it so he would not see it coming. I felt the wind pick up and sensed everything rushing toward me, but it never reached me.

Finally, the last one I had killed me. This was during March break, 2004. I had this dream that I was typing at my computer, and I saw something in the sky - some shooting stars emanating simultaneously from a central point, and again I thought -that doesn't happen too often... I stood up to my window and could see across the top of the city toward the hospital (like the other nuke dream with my nephew, I had much higher vantage point than I would if I had been standing in that spot in reality.) Anyway, this time I saw three huge explosions somewhere behind the hospital. I rushed from my office to the bedroom where my wife was sleeping, and I jumped for the bed, but before I landed a huge wall of white thermal energy came through the wall and vaporized me.

What I felt was pretty distinctive: I saw it coming in a flash, and when it hit me, I was aware of the same anticipation of pain that one feels when one is burned with hot water... before the pain signals could be sent to my brain, my body was pretty much just wiped away, and for a good 10 seconds, I was body-less floating through some white space asking myself what next? what next? trying to direct my attention to anything that could be distinguished from its surroundings - which nothing could. I felt the vague sensation of static in front of my face.. that's pretty much all I could feel or see. "well that's it." I thought. It's over.

Then I awoke - in my bed - in the very spot that I had been jumping toward. My wife had gone to work. I felt fantastic! The dream really didn't give me any sense of doom or negativity whatsoever. I was so energized that day, and I went to school despite it being March break and had some of the best conversations I've ever had with a friend of mine who was in the same course of study. But what a feeling it was.

I remember being cheered up also by the fact that the first thing I had decided to do when I new death was immanent was to go and jump into bed with my wife. This was at a time when we were a little estranged from one another and I had been doubting my feelings for her.

It's odd - I know one other person who has dreamt of dying the same way, and her descriptions of what it's like to die in a nuclear explosion were matched, in every detail, to my own experiences.

The dream is made all the more meaningful to me by the fact that it was very likely those WWII nukes that spared my grandfather who was about to be shipped off to Japan. After I thought about it for a while, it started to give me the idea that a huge amount of people had their lives stopped completely short, and it is the reason I am here. Feels mighty wierd. But it sure did get me moving.

If someone told me that I was witnessing the end of a past life in Hiroshima, I wouldn't dismiss it outright.

As far as prophetic dreams go, I've had several concerning myself that have really become poignant the past little while. I keep 'em to myself, but I think the main message of dreams is mostly for the person having them. This has been the case with me. I'm not sure really how it is that I have had the dreams I have had, but they've certainly given me lots of ideas about how I should view my life at the stage it is now.

B

StarLord

Yes, it means you have to go. My advise is to pay attention to that dream, wake up, and go, you may be very happy you did. Either way it's your turn for laundry, you do as you see fit.

TheYear802701

Iam wondering if anyone has the answers as to why we may have prophetic dreams of things we can not change, only wait for them to happen....What is the purpose of that?? For example back in 2002 i had a VERY disturbing dream predicting an earthquake that hit Molise,Italy....Why would i dream of this being i have never been to Italy?? I always thought prophesy had a reason..

Maybe prophetic dreams are just random signals your mind picks from the future.

Speaking of useless prophetic dreams:

I once had a dream about being at a football (soccer) match between two completely obscure teams (don't recall their names) . At the end of my dream, the scoreboard showed 5-1. When I woke up I searched the internet, and found that the game ended 5-2, with the "2" being the result of a last-minute goal.

I've never dreamt of football scores before or after this incident. Clearly this is a prophetic dream... But why, on earth, did I dream of an utterly unimportant sports event which meant nothing to me? What was the purpose of the dream?

As I said before - sometimes random signals is all we get.