Question about prophetic dreams please

dreamer_girl

Question about prophetic dreams please

Iam wondering if anyone has the answers as to why we may have prophetic dreams of things we can not change, only wait for them to happen....What is the purpose of that?? For example back in 2002 i had a VERY disturbing dream predicting an earthquake that hit Molise,Italy....Why would i dream of this being i have never been to Italy?? I always thought prophesy had a reason..
In this particular dream i seen a wooden sign that looked like something back in the western days with the phrase "Welcome to Italy" branded into the wood....Then i seen what looked like a ghost town and lots of thick bright brownish/tan very FINE sand...Iam a very lucid dreamer so my first thought was this is not the way i envisioned Italy to look like....The buildings i seen were all made of old wood that looked very fragile...Then the scene switched that really blew me away...I was a bright being/spirit of light and seen 2 children, a small boy and a girl playing outside...Without hesition i lifted these 2 children off the ground with a beam of light...(remember this is a dream ok)...I was not aware why i was doing this, only that the children were in danger and i needed to get them off the ground...Then when it was safe i lifted them back on the ground...I woke up very disturbed and started analyzing why i would have wanted the children off the ground...I thought maybe someone bad was chasing them...It wasn't till the next day i was driving home from work in the AM after my nite shift and heard on the radio an earth quake had just hit Italy at 11:32 AM and the biggest loss was 27 children in an old elementary school house that had collapsed...The article i found on the internet kept talking about the construction of the building that there were no seismic requirements for new construction, so that was why i was focusing on the fragility of the wooden buildings in the dream....I literally almost drove off the road and my heart was pounding up a storm...So then i was able to piece together the symbols of the dream...The sand and its prominent color represented focusing on the ground, the wooden building represented the fragility of the buildings, and of course getting the 2 children off the ground was to keep them safe...I was greatly disturbed by this dream even today...I kept questioning why i would dream of this if i couldn't stop it from happening... Here is the link for a picture of the school that was hit...And for me the lists goes on with my dreams....

dot.gif
dot.gif
dot.gif
Photo 2, Ruins of the San Giuliano Primary School in the 2002 Molise earthquake, Italy

OOPPSS, forgot to add the link for the pic: http://www.oecd.org/LongAbstract/0,2546,en...1_37431,00.html

dot.gif

StarLord

Re: Question about prophetic dreams please

Many people discount the validity or perhaps I should say, the reality of the Dream State. For some, it may even pass the waking state when it comes to experience.
Keeping a Dream Diary or Log is a very good idea as it will later serve as the beginning dream dictionary. Symbolism, as you have noted is the most usual mode for passing information. It took me a while to figure out why 'nothing was ever as it seemed' when it came to trying to understand what was going on and what the end information should be.

You asked why something like this was shown to you if you could not possibly do anything about it. That's typical of the teaching we recieve in the dream state. The particular 'connection' from the inner world to the outer world and the degree / amount of emotional charge in the particular dream is much the same as a measuring tape. The more emotional charge that we percieve in any given situation or setting within that dream, the more we need to pay attention and try to remember as much as we can.

Basically, there are two realms that we can experience and learn from. The dream state is just as effective, environment wise, when it comes to experiencing anything.
Especially if we have chosen to go through a serious accident. It makes more sense to go through it in the dream state with all the required squeel of the tires, the abrupt stop, broken glass, damage to the body, shock & everything else, then to have it disrupt our day to day life, which could really bring things to a halt.

Each of us has access to a Inner Master or Guide, by what ever name you wish to call them by, it makes little difference at this stage as the concept is universal in the real sense of the word. That's just a plain and simple fact imho. The Inner Guide also works with us during the dream state. It's up to us to somewhat perfect that dialog that we experience there( the dream state) and how it corresponds to what we know (the waking state)here and what it all means to us.

dreamer_girl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Many people discount the validity or perhaps I should say, the reality of the Dream State. For some, it may even pass the waking state when it comes to experience.
Keeping a Dream Diary or Log is a very good idea as it will later serve as the beginning dream dictionary. Symbolism, as you have noted is the most usual mode for passing information. It took me a while to figure out why 'nothing was ever as it seemed' when it came to trying to understand what was going on and what the end information should be.

You asked why something like this was shown to you if you could not possibly do anything about it. That's typical of the teaching we recieve in the dream state. The particular 'connection' from the inner world to the outer world and the degree / amount of emotional charge in the particular dream is much the same as a measuring tape. The more emotional charge that we percieve in any given situation or setting within that dream, the more we need to pay attention and try to remember as much as we can.

Basically, there are two realms that we can experience and learn from. The dream state is just as effective, environment wise, when it comes to experiencing anything.
Especially if we have chosen to go through a serious accident. It makes more sense to go through it in the dream state with all the required squeel of the tires, the abrupt stop, broken glass, damage to the body, shock & everything else, then to have it disrupt our day to day life, which could really bring things to a halt.

Each of us has access to a Inner Master or Guide, by what ever name you wish to call them by, it makes little difference at this stage as the concept is universal in the real sense of the word. That's just a plain and simple fact imho. The Inner Guide also works with us during the dream state. It's up to us to somewhat perfect that dialog that we experience there( the dream state) and how it corresponds to what we know (the waking state)here and what it all means to us.[/b]

Thank you Starlord, you made perfect sense...I guess i have been frustrated all my life dreaming of tragedies its hard to accept....I have always dreamt in symbols in which iam becoming better at interperting...Another example of my symbolic dream was my friend who i knew was going through a depressive state...I had a dream she was in my catholic church which she would never step foot in anyways in real life because she was baptist and did not believe in the catholic faith...In this dream she was sooo angry...I could actually feel her anger..Then she started spitting on the cross of Jesus..I kept telling her why are you doing this, stop it...I woke up again very disturbed but still did not pay close enough attention to the dream...I planned on spending some time with her at the end of the month when things in my job calmed down a bit, but only a few weeks later she committed suicide...She definately wanted to die because she shot herself and was a gun expert....In the catholic faith suicide is just like spitting on the cross of jesus because life is a gift...I had to live with that grief that i could have stopped her because i had enough time to do it...I have been able to stop a few things since by recognizing my symbols better....

StarLord

We have to be very carefull about 'helping' others when it comes to the ability to look ahead. It may very well be that we can step on their chosen lessons in this life if we try to change things for them without being asked and we end up taking on the karma for that lesson for them, (we get to pay for it possibly).

That is one of the pecadillos of having the ability to look ahead and is one of the facets of the law of Silence. It may be as plain as day to us, but not to them. The information we garner in the Dream State is for us alone.

It's a different matter if that person comes to you speciffically and asks what your opinion is, they may have the ability to see on the inner, that you may be able to advise them and they may make the choice to come to you and ask.

Regardless of the severity and extrems of other folks lessons, take heart in the fact that they chose those lessons before they came here. They know better what they need than we do.

Sometimes, our limited viewpoint of 'helping' may actually be a hinderence and cause folks to have to repeat lessons if we take them away from them.

optimist

We have to be very carefull about 'helping' others when it comes to the ability to look ahead. ?It may very well be that we can step on their chosen lessons in this life if we try to change things for them ?without being asked and we end up taking on the karma for that lesson for them, (we get to pay for it possibly).

That is one of the pecadillos of having the ability to look ahead and is one of the facets of the law of Silence. ?It may be as plain as day to us, ?but not to them. ?The information we garner in the Dream State is for us alone.

It's a different matter if that person comes to you speciffically and asks what your opinion is, ?they may have the ability to see on the inner, that you may be able to advise them and they may make the choice to come to you and ask.

Regardless of the severity and extrems of other folks ?lessons, ?take heart in the fact that they chose those lessons before they came here. They know better what they need than we do.

Sometimes, ?our limited viewpoint of 'helping' may actually be a hinderence and cause folks to have to repeat lessons if we take them away from them.[/b]

Thanks for sharing this really expanded view Starlord. I don't really have prophetic dreams like that but I have developed the ability to see when people are deathly ill, even if they don't yet know that they're sick. In all but one case, they have died whithin a short period of time after. I struggle with the question of whether I should try to warn them in some way, but at the same time I have the feeling that it's not my right. Perhaps some people have the wisdom to know when to intervene, but i don't think I do.

dreamer_girl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"optimist\")</div>
Thanks for sharing this really expanded view Starlord. I don't really have prophetic dreams like that but I have developed the ability to see when people are deathly ill, even if they don't yet know that they're sick. In all but one case, they have died whithin a short period of time after. I struggle with the question of whether I should try to warn them in some way, but at the same time I have the feeling that it's not my right. Perhaps some people have the wisdom to know when to intervene, but i don't think I do.[/b]

That was an excellent point Optimist you hit on ....Somehow i do know with feelings when iam allowed to tell others of dreams i have of them and when the situation cannot be changed...I once dreamt of my mom before she was diagnosed with terminal cancer...In my dream i was driving her to our church and i dropped her off in the church parking lot...As she got out of my car she had this peaceful look on her face with the most beautiful smile, and she said " don't worry about me, i'm going to be just fine"...I kept this dream to myself because somehow i knew it was not meant to be changed...In that dream i knew i would never see her again...It was shortly after that she went to the doctor with stomach problems and the CT scan showed a large tumor...Everyone in my family was hopeful they caught it in time, but i knew they didn't...She died after surgery when the cancer progressed...As far as other warnings in my dreams i feel were given to me to allow my friends or family to decide on their own if they want to listen or not...It could be something as simple as telling one of my friends to remember to wear her life vest while in a boat when she was going to the coast, which in my dream she drowned by hitting her head on the side of the boat while standing up and fell into the water, but would not have drowned if first, she was not being careless standing up in the boat acting crazy, and then having her vest on also...I believe it makes them aware and yet they still have freewill to do as they choose...In this case, she was planning on going to the coast that week, and she admitted she has been bad about not wearing her life vest...This time she did and was careful how she acted up in the boat....So i do believe some things can be changed only if that person wants to listen and has the desire to change the outcome....I can understand dreaming of family and friends, but my confusion as always been why i dream of castrophe world situations i could definately do without....Maybe dreams really are a form of time travel...

StarLord

Basically, you are already there at that point and you 'catch' glimpses or snapshots of that point ahead and are able to bring them to this moment in time.

There is much to the concept that we are all spiritually realized beings in 'heaven' right at this moment.

dreamer_girl

Basically, you are already there at that point and you 'catch' glimpses or snapshots of that point ahead and are able to bring them to this moment in time.

There is much to the concept that we are all spiritually realized beings in 'heaven' right at this moment.[/b]

You seem very knowledgable in this area Starlord...have you also alot of experiences in this dream world?? I appreciate your imput...It does help me to analyze all opinions and areas...I believe we are all here as you said"spiritually realized beings" and also to help each other evolve....

StarLord

Yes, something like that. Thank you for the kind words. Another person you may wish to jump in here is Darkbreed. He has many interesting ideas also, he could actually be a long lost twin of mine if the similarities in our interests are any indication.

dreamer_girl

Yes, something like that. Thank you for the kind words. Another person you may wish to jump in here is Darkbreed. He has many interesting ideas also, he could actually be a long lost twin of mine if the similarities in our interests are any indication.[/b]

OK, thanks, i'll look him up here.:flirt: