Question Concerning Your Beliefs

Is your belief system currently fixed, or is it undergoing a change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I don't plan to make it a habit to start threads. I'd much rather offer a comment, here and there, on what others have posted. However, I'm curious to know about something, and I'm hoping that you folks will respond to the following:

Is your belief system currently fixed, or is it in the process of changing in some respect?

Now, I'm sure that most of you are open-minded enough to be willing to change your minds if you are shown evidence which seems credible to you. This is not what I am asking, however. What I'd like to know hinges upon the word "currently". That is: Right now - at this point in your life - are your beliefs fixed, or are they in flux?

No statement of your belief system is necessary - although you may, of course, offer one if you choose. If you are in the process of change, then I'd be interested to know what aspect of your belief system is undergoing that change, but it's not necessary to say if you choose not to. Conversely, if your answer is "fixed", then I'd like to know for how long this has been the case. However, once again, this is not required. A simple "fixed" or "changing" will suffice.

I have added a poll so that you may vote instead of post, if you choose. The poll will close in seven days.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Last edited:

titorite

I believe it depends on what particular beliefs is at the center of the question . I would presume that we all have some beliefs that are fixed and others that are subject to undergoing changes. Although i dont feel as young and as limitless as i used too. I think as i age more and more things are getting fixed.

TimeFlipper

From the first moment i saw Caroline Munro advertising Lambs Navy Rum on large Bill Boards all over the UK in the early 1970s, i became fixated on wanting to meet her someday...Finally i did meet her in 2015, and i still keep photographs of her in the pictures section of my laptop :D..

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I believe it depends on what particular beliefs is at the center of the question . I would presume that we all have some beliefs that are fixed and others that are subject to undergoing changes. Although i dont feel as young and as limitless as i used too. I think as i age more and more things are getting fixed.

I understand what you're saying, but my question has more to do with fundamental changes in one's world-view rather than those beliefs which are more peripheral. Also, I do not mean "subject to change" (which I'm assuming is a given for any reasonable person) but rather those beliefs which are in the process of changing right now.

You are certainly not alone in the fact that, for many, beliefs become more fixed as we get older.

Last edited:

Dalet

This door is now closed.
From the first moment i saw Caroline Munro advertising Lambs Navy Rum on large Bill Boards all over the UK in the early 1970s, i became fixated on wanting to meet her someday...Finally i did meet her in 2015, and i still keep photographs of her in the pictures section of my laptop :D..
View attachment 8039..
I'm not sure why, but I was almost certain that a question about deeply-held, fundamental and sacrosanct beliefs would elicit some statement concerning Ms. Munro on your part.

However, as far as goddesses are concerned, one could hardly make a better choice.

Last edited:

samzeman

My opinion on many political entities is currently changing, because I have a lot of friends with different beliefs who make compelling arguments, and I increasingly realise that I have believed some things because they were simply the things people around me believed, or the things that were face-value obvious, but more complicated than I knew.

Spiritually, and in terms of science, though, my beliefs are pretty static and empirically based. It sounds like I'm bragging or throwing shade but I promise I'm not, that's just personally how I am.

Kairos

This Marxist pope and his homosexual rapist bishops has me thinking of checking out the Orthodox church.

TimeFlipper

I'm not sure why, but I was almost certain that a question about deeply-held, fundamental and sacrosanct beliefs would elicit some statement concerning Ms. Munro on your part.

However, as far as goddesses are concerned, one could hardly make a better choice.

It is so amazing that you knew i was going to post a picture of Caroline Munro, now see if you can tell me which other lady iam going to put up on here, who would obviously be my second choice to Ms Munro ;) :LOL:..

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I'm sort of in the gray area between fixed and changing. I have an open mind and prefer to follow facts as the truth. But occasionally the facts turn out to be false.

I understand but, right at this point in your life, are you in the process of changing any of your beliefs? If not, then your answer would be "fixed".