radio shack, JC penny, or sears

HDRKID

OK so radio shack, JC penny, or sears... which can survive. Hey, my answer is none.

Personally, I believe that radio shack will go bankrupt next year. That is what Steven Gibbs told me.
JC penny is not far behind and economists predict 2017 for sears.
Awkward: Sears borrows $400M from its CEO - Sep. 16, 2014

I did say in 2005 that radio shack would go bankrupt due to our poor economy. I did not give a year.
That said, I did say - not this decade, but the next one. That means I have until Dec 31, 2019.
In Quest For More Capital, RadioShack Warns Of Bankruptcy - Forbes

Another store that is not on my radar is office depot which just recently had a merger. That was with office max.

I believe it will also go under, but not sure on year. It looks like a ghost town when I go in.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Another store that is not on my radar is office depot which just recently had a merger. That was with office max.

I agree. Their prices are too high and people can have the stuff delivered to their door for free, now. Amazon is taking over.

TnWatchdog

I use to buy craftsmen tools at Sears but after the days of Bob Villa I get them at Home Depot or Lowes. I never went to JC Penny or Radio Shack as I felt their products were on the cheap side.

Thoth93

All these companies practiced glutton economics and are paying the ultimate price for it. Unless people can build sustainable business focused on lasting the test of time rather than groaping for every red cent as fast as possible.

conscious9

All these companies practiced glutton economics and are paying the ultimate price for it. Unless people can build sustainable business focused on lasting the test of time rather than groaping for every red cent as fast as possible.
Is this why Borders went out of business, as well? Or rather, publishing companies and the paper-making industry practicing glutton economics, thus making physical books an expensive option, right?

Last edited:

Thoth93

Is this why Borders went out of business, as well? Or rather, publishing companies and the paper-making industry practicing glutton economics, thus making physical books an expensive option

Well yeah they tried to grow themselves too big with all these locations housing all kinds of books that nobody is ever going to read when they should have scaled down to small magazine kiosks and focusing on magazines callenders and best sellers like the latest DrPhil or Harry Potter. Then they should have made deals with the airports and they would be sitting well right now. See I have a buddy who studied and economics and he knew that the whole system was designed to benefit only those at the top and the idea that anyone can become rich is a quiet lie because there are too many restrictions and the only way our country is going to get back on its feet is through local production and local distribution. By cutting out as much shipping costs and overhead as possible and rather than having two or three giant Monopoly corporations having hundreds of independent stores across the country like back in the old days when a guy working at a soda shop could afford to buy a house. People could afford to go out and do things with each other and have a social life. It used to be that manufacturing would happen all over. Down the road from town they make shovels and further down the road they make plumbing pipes and fittings. So everybody in town has a job at either the shovel factory or the pipe factory and those factories supply the general and hardware stores of 3 states.
Then Glutton economics happened and the shovel company moves to China all those workers loose their jobs and so they can't afford to go to the soda shop so then that guy gets laid off and next thing you know there is all this wealth all this production but only a small few are benefiting from it. So now you have a jobless society flooded with second rate shovels designed to break so you have to buy another one and in the long run you end up buying four or five shovels over the course of a few years and since each time you buy it, it seems cheaper than the good shovel you don't notice that over a 10 year period you end up spending 3x the amount of money for a shit product anyhow and nobody in the US benefits from the sale. The guy who sold it to you works for minimum wage for the Walmart reminiscing about the old days when he used to own the local hardware store selling the shovels and pipefittings that used to be made down the road. I say get in your kitchen or garage and start making things then sell it to your neighborhood family and friends and sell it for a fraction of the price of the big companies. Say for example you make laundry detergent in your kitchen and sell it for a 1.50 a gallon to your neighborhood. It's fee of toxic chemicals and cheap for them and you make an extra 50 bucks every two weeks. Sell it right out of your garage on the weekend or deliver it. But the main thing now is that citizens get creative and use the mass of information on the web to slowly cut out big corporations from your life and replace them with local goods.

We said it back in the 70's buy American buy American, was saving a few hundred bucks at the time worth not being able to do anything but work at wall Mart now was it worth the mortgage payments you can't meet today? People used to work for the American dream but now they slave for the corporation with no future but FEMA camps.

Start making things if you want to survive seriously because the elite think that getting rid of employment means getting rid of the unemployed.

Last edited:

Krish

The problem with import products is that they are very cheap but sold at the same price as they brought from USA. People are smart...those we need them get it from Amazon and others can not afford it. So, the business keep going down....and down...

Krish

Is this why Borders went out of business, as well? Or rather, publishing companies and the paper-making industry practicing glutton economics, thus making physical books an expensive option

Well yeah they tried to grow themselves too big with all these locations housing all kinds of books that nobody is ever going to read when they should have scaled down to small magazine kiosks and focusing on magazines callenders and best sellers like the latest DrPhil or Harry Potter. Then they should have made deals with the airports and they would be sitting well right now. See I have a buddy who studied and economics and he knew that the whole system was designed to benefit only those at the top and the idea that anyone can become rich is a quiet lie because there are too many restrictions and the only way our country is going to get back on its feet is through local production and local distribution. By cutting out as much shipping costs and overhead as possible and rather than having two or three giant Monopoly corporations having hundreds of independent stores across the country like back in the old days when a guy working at a soda shop could afford to buy a house. People could afford to go out and do things with each other and have a social life. It used to be that manufacturing would happen all over. Down the road from town they make shovels and further down the road they make plumbing pipes and fittings. So everybody in town has a job at either the shovel factory or the pipe factory and those factories supply the general and hardware stores of 3 states.
Then Glutton economics happened and the shovel company moves to China all those workers loose their jobs and so they can't afford to go to the soda shop so then that guy gets laid off and next thing you know there is all this wealth all this production but only a small few are benefiting from it. So now you have a jobless society flooded with second rate shovels designed to break so you have to buy another one and in the long run you end up buying four or five shovels over the course of a few years and since each time you buy it, it seems cheaper than the good shovel you don't notice that over a 10 year period you end up spending 3x the amount of money for a shit product anyhow and nobody in the US benefits from the sale. The guy who sold it to you works for minimum wage for the Walmart reminiscing about the old days when he used to own the local hardware store selling the shovels and pipefittings that used to be made down the road. I say get in your kitchen or garage and start making things then sell it to your neighborhood family and friends and sell it for a fraction of the price of the big companies. Say for example you make laundry detergent in your kitchen and sell it for a 1.50 a gallon to your neighborhood. It's fee of toxic chemicals and cheap for them and you make an extra 50 bucks every two weeks. Sell it right out of your garage on the weekend or deliver it. But the main thing now is that citizens get creative and use the mass of information on the web to slowly cut out big corporations from your life and replace them with local goods.

We said it back in the 70's buy American buy American, was saving a few hundred bucks at the time worth not being able to do anything but work at wall Mart now was it worth the mortgage payments you can't meet today? People used to work for the American dream but now they slave for the corporation with no future but FEMA camps.

Start making things if you want to survive seriously because the elite think that getting rid of employment means getting rid of the unemployed.

Very nice understanding of what is happening.

To tell you the truth, long ago, I was a team member to develop China. Then I told USA groups that we need to do NEW Products and Services for which we have a key base in the form of Private and Government research Organization. After all, we developed massive patents.

All patents by 2015...USA 6,122,266
Japan 1,061,170
Germany 408,791
UK 165,269

Of course everything stays in a frame work within our country groups. But no one listened to it. They were smarter...they can buy products cheap and make Trillions...who care about ordinary people...

Hence Trump and BREXIT happened from ordinary people. It is not going away, anytime soon...

Last edited: