Rapture

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
A few years back, I was talking with a "hardcore" Christian about various things...One statement they made stood out to me: "When the rapture comes, the government will blame ET's for mass abduction."

Has anyone else heard of this? Or the opposite; Aliens will abduct a large quantity of humans and some will blame it on the rapture?

To me, it kind of makes sense...

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
lol Maybe... ;)

This man had written a book about the end times..Nothing spectacular, but still, he wrote a book which is more than I've ever done...

AAA

Wonderment, theorizing with an open mind, searching for answers in the spirit of truth, spiritual discovery and awareness, the inner drive to discover and understand the nature of the universe, are healthy things as they keep us focused forward, are integral to the progression of our species.

If you don't think outside the box, if you do not even consider things that may seem silly or unrealistic, you limit yourself to a set number of possibilities. You may just miss something in doing so. What would have happened if the Wright Brothers had dismissed human flight as 'impossible' or a 'silly endeavor'? What if Edgar Cayce, Socrates, Tesla, Newton or Einstein had not explored the spiritual revelations that assisted them in their works?

How do we know that extraterrestrials aren't going to show up in mass and take a bunch of people? How do we know that isn't what The Bible and other religious texts are speaking of?

While organized religion can be a good source for wonderment and discovery, often it limits people to a prescribed reality, distracts people with spiritual coercion and fear driven hype. I think the 'end times' prophecies, as many interpret, are often such fear driven hype. It fosters codependency on, and conformity to, a prescribed interpretation. It appears more of a means to control or build religious empires. It also has people all worked up in a subtle frenzy and state of fear. I feel it is important to avoid letting it affect someone as such.

Whatever the truth really is, I think it is good that the man in question is at least thinking outside the box.

Sam Slagg

A few years back, I was talking with a "hardcore" Christian about various things...One statement they made stood out to me: "When the rapture comes, the government will blame ET's for mass abduction."

Has anyone else heard of this? Or the opposite; Aliens will abduct a large quantity of humans and some will blame it on the rapture?

That statement appears to be in direct opposition to the governments current public policies concerning UFOs, as well as alien abduction.How does the author reconcile this discrepancy?

Also, alien beings are already abducting people en masse, how is this reconciled?

I find that fundamentalists, regardless of religious affiliation, tend to warp facts to suit their agendas.

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I apologize, I should have noted that this was more of a discussion of many possibilities on how society would react if the rapture were to happen, some people could blame aliens, and maybe in fact aliens would be to blame...I understand it seems to be in opposition of the current public policies regarding alien life and ufo's, I just wanted to hear what others thought.. :/
Anyway, this guy was a bit of a crackpot, but intelligent...As for why he even brought up aliens in a conversation about religion, or how he concieved these ideas, I haven't a clue...

BlastTyrant

My understanding as a possible future was after the wars and the mass deaths some people were chosen to be saved by the ET's to avoid human extinction. So they openly took the people but the world was already in mass chaos so their revealing didn't do much as we were already essentially doomed.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I rented the movie Left Behind a few days ago, and there was actually an alien conspiracy theorist guy who believed ET's to be responsible for the mass disappearances...Made me think of the man I spoke of and this thread. :)

Krish

What exactly is "rapture"? ...that you mean?

ecstatic joy or delight; joyful ecstasy.
Often, raptures. an utterance or expression ofecstatic delight.
the carrying of a person to another place orsphere of existence.
the Rapture, Theology. the experience,anticipated by some fundamentalist Christians, ofmeeting Christ midway in the air upon his returnto earth.
Archaic. the act of carrying off.

hoaxhunter

Yeah I heard this same garbage. I also hear the Second Coming might be mistaken for a UFO for a while until He comes closer and we see it isn't a typical Hollywood UFO. This is more religion, but the word 'rapture' is mentioned exactly zero times in the bible. The modern day rapture story is popularized by books & movies specifically 'left behind' series, but those are so unfounded and so loosely based on the bible that it might as well be a realm in Game of Thrones. Too bad people don't read what they claim to believe, as what they are referring to won't happen in the time frame they claim it will. The 'seven years of hell on earth' that they seem so fixated on will not take place after the 'rapture', it will take place before. The 'rapture' takes place seconds before the Second Coming, not 7 years before, but seconds before, this is what I have found when actually reading this book called the bible.