Rate of Zombie Infection

BlastTyrant

There is way to math in that topic for me to feel comfortable reading it

Justinian

Basically it says we're screwed. I don't agree with it though. It doesn't take into account if the virus is only transmitted by bite. Because if that's the case you will have MANY rural areas (not suburbs) that will be able to barricade themselves off from the rest of the world. The gist of this thing of what I understand is that it is saying that the zombie infection will spread so fast that nobody is safe. I don't agree.

Also I was thinking.. is there really enough ammo in this world to have to kill the zombies? I don't think so. That's why I'm buying an anvil so I can make machetes.

Justinian

OH and it also assumes that zombies will be smart enough to move hundreds of miles in search of fresh humans.

Also nothing in there suggests that zombies ever die as far as starving to death. I'm saying zombies will all starve and that if we hole ourselves up for a month or two that they will die out before they ever find me in the woods.

BlastTyrant

OH and it also assumes that zombies will be smart enough to move hundreds of miles in search of fresh humans.

Also nothing in there suggests that zombies ever die as far as starving to death. I'm saying zombies will all starve and that if we hole ourselves up for a month or two that they will die out before they ever find me in the woods.
Well see it's not so much as "Smart Enough" as it would be mindless wondering, and from what i know from horror movies and being a avid fan of The Walking Dead, if they are already dead then food doesn't really matter it's more of a lust than a need.

What i never understood is if you stayed up-north you would think 1 good Cold Winter would freeze them and in re-turn make them basically moving heads as the frostbite would rend there limbs useless if not fall off all together, hell in theory the Cold would freeze the brain and kill them if nothing else.

Justinian

Russian Hat (oversized of course)
imgres

Home made machete
imgres

Baby Seal skin gloves
imgres