Reading Books | So Many Things, So Little Time

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't read books that often and I'm ashamed to admit it. I simply don't take the time.

When I think about it, reading a book almost sounds like a chore. Sitting there reading for hours. But... it's the same as playing a video game or watching TV, only less interactive. I've read hundreds of books in my life and I know it's a great activity. But my brain puts it in the "boring-no-time" category. I can't help it. Am I the only one?

For the last 10 years, I read about... 2 to 4 books per year on average. That's poor. I've read a few more in 2020 than the years before, because I didn't work for a whole month due to surgery. I was able to take my time a read.

In 2019, I only read half a book actually. I spent 2 years reading the first Dune book. It was great, but it was long and I often didn't feel like reading at all. Or I'd fall asleep after reading a few pages, dropping the book on my own face if I was laying on my back. But I loved that book, like all the others. They were great... So why is it so hard to stop and read? Don't get me wrong, I freaking love sci-fi books.

Why am I seeing it as a chore? Is it because in 2021, we're used to instant entertainment, instant rewards, instant everything? And books aren't instantly rewarding! You gotta take you're time reading them, they reward you at a slow but steady pace. You gotta earn it. Maybe that's the explanation. I got lazy.

I'm currently reading a book about facing your own fears and the fear of fears. As some of you know, I deal with anxiety on a day to day basis. So yeah, that's a great book and I love it. But I never get to reading it. It seems I always have something more interesting to do!

I'll keep you posted next year when I'm done reading my current book!

1613264680620.png

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I get what you mean and it happens to me too. But it seems it never lasts from time to time. From book to book.

It's like doing exercise. You feel great afterwards and say you should do it more often. Then you forget about it the next day.

I suppose it has to do with day to day habits. How important is reading in your routine?

TimeFlipper

Yeah, I get what you mean and it happens to me too. But it seems it never lasts from time to time. From book to book.

It's like doing exercise. You feel great afterwards and say you should do it more often. Then you forget about it the next day.

I suppose it has to do with day to day habits. How important is reading in your routine?
Reading articles on the internet everyday is very important to me, and i really enjoy re-reading all my books as an aide memoire...Since i bought The Philadelphia Experiment (P/X) book back in 1978, i must have re-read it at least a dozen times...It was the very first research book on Time-Travel, and nothing of any significance had been written on that topic of Time-Travel before...

If anyone asks me what would be the first book to read on Time-Travel, i would always say the P/X...Its highly informative, very easy to read, and draws in several notable people such as Einstein, Thomas Townsend Brown, Morris K Jessup and John Von Neuman...The book can be obtained very very cheaply from Amazon or Ebay, costing literally, a few Dollars..

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper do you think Back to the Future took TT Browns name and adapted it for Doc Brown in their movie?
Interesting point you raise...TT Brown was experimenting on nullifying Gravity by using huge amounts of voltage, i dont think he was into Time-Travel....The Germans allegedly were involved in similar experiments to TT Brown, for example you are obviously aware of the German "fly trap" that was built very close to a power station located near the Czech border in Poland...

There was some talk that huge electrical power cables came from the power station and fed the metal parts in the concrete structure of the "fly trap"....The purpose was to "charge up" a flying craft built from dielectric materials sat on top of the "fly Trap" and almost identical to TT Browns work, but on a much larger scale...Picture of the "Fly Trap" below..

The Germans were always involved in some types of advanced aeroplanes such as the Messershmidtt Me262 jet engined fighter plane, the Me163 rocket fighter plane, and allegedly a Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) fighter plane with the name of the Natterjack...Dont forget the German Vengeance weapons, the V1 pulse jet engine and the V2 rocket that killed many people in London during WW2....

fly-trap.jpg