Regarding the HDR stick reaction

Martian

First off, I have not used the HDR, so this is entirely hypothetical. I've always been better at theoretical work than experimental.

The human body has capacitance. See this: Body capacitance - Wikipedia

The HDR uses potentiometers to adjust the resistance of the circuit.

I believe that the HDR uses impedance matching to maximize power transfer from the circuit to the human body.

Basically, it achieves complex conjugate matching by closely matching the resistance & capacitance, which are conjugate components of complex electrical impedance.

The stick reaction is likely caused by the abrupt spatial change in energy and the resulting force.

Himalayan Hermit

As far as I know, Gibbs has never explained in any of his books or interviews how does stick reaction happen. Interesting point you bring up.

TimeFlipper

First off, I have not used the HDR, so this is entirely hypothetical. I've always been better at theoretical work than experimental.

The human body has capacitance. See this: Body capacitance - Wikipedia

The HDR uses potentiometers to adjust the resistance of the circuit.

I believe that the HDR uses impedance matching to maximize power transfer from the circuit to the human body.

Basically, it achieves complex conjugate matching by closely matching the resistance & capacitance, which are conjugate components of complex electrical impedance.

The stick reaction is likely caused by the abrupt spatial change in energy and the resulting force.
Would you consider the combination of two potentiometers in small transistor radios of the 1970s for volume and tone controls, plus the capacitance from a human body holding or close to the radio, should have also produced a stick reaction somewhere on the radio?...

Last edited:

Martian

Would you consider the combination of two potentiometers in small transistor radios of the 1970s for volume and tone controls, plus the capacitance from a human body holding or close to the radio, should have also produced a stick reaction somewhere on the radio?...
I can't say for certain. Did this happen to you? :eek:

NaturalPhilosopher

scalar energy changes dielectric k-constants
brain emanates scalar energy

in laymen terms skin changes conductivity based on the scalar energy present in the skin controlled by the brain. The stick reaction is the ideomotor response but from wireless energy from the brain. Same thing can structure water by 'sending it love' or the minute unconscious muscle movements when holding a pendulum.

it's a subconscious communication to the conscious mind

basic idea is the human nervous system is a giant broadband scalar antenna and is picking up information from the environment and only acknowledged subconsciously. Means the subconscious has way more knowledge than psychologists suggest.

this is why alternative health practitioners measure the electrical conductivity between points on the hand or feet and can accurately assess current medical conditions.

when the electrical conductivity of the skin changes so does it's material qualities and causes a stick reaction.
Gibbs says you can use a galvanic skin response meter to replace the stick reaction

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

I can't say for certain. Did this happen to you? :eek:
I think you already know i dont believe HDRs work...The point i was making was the actual conguration of those components in an HDR that also existed in the basic transistor radios of the 1970s, that never had any "sticky" areas on them to create an abrupt spatial change in energy and the resulting force ;):D..

Martian

I think you already know i dont believe HDRs work...The point i was making was the actual conguration of those components in an HDR that also existed in the basic transistor radios of the 1970s, that never had any "sticky" areas on them to create an abrupt spatial change in energy and the resulting force ;):D..
Yeah, sorry. :LOL: It's just that there's another member on this forum, whom I respect very much (in an internet sort of way), who confirmed the existence of the stick reaction. :)

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Yeah, sorry. :LOL: It's just that there's another member on this forum, whom I respect very much (in an internet sort of way), confirmed the existence of the stick reaction. :)
But did the stick reaction in reality transport him or her through the wonders of safe and accurate dimensional travel? ;):D..

Mayhem

Zenith
But lets look at it from another perspective how does a person know if there is a stick reaction if they dont have a HDR or ever had possession of one?

They dont.