Debate religions fanatics

HDRKID

Most of us are told that religious fanatics are hopeless primitive savages. Also, we are told that they are poor ignorant peasants. In fact, all we need to do is educate these sad unfortunates and they will become productive members of our society, but what does the data tell us?

TAKEN FROM Nonsense about terrorism's 'root causes' - CNN.com
Similarly, in his important 2004 book "Understanding Terror Networks," psychiatrist Marc Sageman, a former CIA case officer, examined the backgrounds of 172 militants who were part of al Qaeda or a similar group. Just under half were professionals; two-thirds were either middle or upper class and had gone to college; indeed, several had doctorates.

In a 2006 study, Swati Pandey and this author examined the educational background of 79 terrorists responsible for five of the worst anti-Western terrorist attacks of the modern era -- the World Trade Center bombing in 1993, the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa in 1998, the 9/11 attacks, the Bali nightclub bombings in 2002, and the London bombings on July 7, 2005.

We found that more than half of the terrorists had attended college, making them as well-educated as the average American. Two of our sample had doctoral degrees, and two others had begun working toward their doctorates.

None of them had attended a madrassa.

Carl Miller

I realize that dogmatic religious leaders entitled gurus (of the new or old era) ::irony:::At the present time religions have put on us moral codes, religious restrictions, social taboos, and emotional conventions around everything in life, death and after life. Then religionists (these stupidity suckers) have tagged, labeled and decreed what is right and what is wrong, what is sinful and what is not. In other words little or no liberty is left for the individual to investigate himself. If ever could there be an individual among a flock. I do believe there is an inner sense of morality within ourselves that instinctly lead us choose what is healthy for us and for others. But it never can be brought about by manipulation and blindly following gurus. Literally following the supposed sacred books such as Bagavad Gita, puranas, The Bible, The Koran and so on.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The funny thing is that people actually believe terrorism exists. Only because that is what they are told. I guess Titor was actually right about one thing. "Sheople!"

Rosco..Jones

The funny thing is that people actually believe terrorism exists. Only because that is what they are told. I guess Titor was actually right about one thing. "Sheople!"

I do not understand your comment on terrorism. I believe it exists. Please explain.
Terrorism: the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The real question is, why do you believe terrorism exists? Did you personally verify any terrorist story you heard about? How many times do you have to be fooled before you realize you are being fooled?