Retail Apocalypse

HDRKID

Retail Apocalypse is upon us. Friends, the end is near. Well, more than last year.

The “Retail Apocalypse” Is Here

Economists can call it the retail meltdown of 2017 and more stores are closing than in the great recession.

What in the World Is Causing the Retail Meltdown of 2017?

HH GREGG is gone or near so. The store is selling off the last items and Monday is the last day it remains open. Electronics stores have been hit hard this year. However, we see trouble in other areas. For example, there were bankruptcies at Radio Shack (again), Payless Shoes, Aeropostale, MC Sports, Gordmans Department stores, Gander Mountain, Family Christian Bookstores, Sports Authority, The Limited, Wet Seal, Rue21, BeBe, and many more.

Folks, it is getting scary. I do wonder about store that may join em soon. K-mart, Office Depot, JC Penny, and of course... sears.

Gander Mountain, H.H. Gregg closing stores

Hhgregg Closings Leave Customer With Gift Card She Can't Use

Retailers Are Going Bankrupt at a Record Pace

hh_gone.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
With Amazon and all the online players, competition is super fierce. You can buy just about anything on there, it's easy, cheap and fast.

Krish

You can buy anything from Amazon and Walmart with few other specific ones....too.

The reasons are many...

1. Supply Chain Management
2. Large quantity coming from Asia
3. Seriously Bad Economy
4. That includes low level employment that buys just basic stuff only and whole family had to work to make ends meet.
4. In USA, Healthcare price has gone to the sky...(Today, I went to a free prescription place, because my insurance charges too much, saw an old lady that came with medicines that she was taking, that almost filled up a gallon bag (3790 CC)) It is too much...
5. I did Business Intelligence work...In the past when I was employed, companies just did not know what is happening and do seriously disjointed work. Companies like Block Buster, Polaroid, Circuit City and Kodak that I worked for had serious trouble.

And so life goes on...

TimeFlipper

I agree with Num7 on this issue..a few months back we had a similar conversation about the state of retail shops around the world, losing out to the larger online retailers where products are much cheaper..
Personally i feel a lot for the remaining offline retailers who offer us a person to person relationship, and who in my opinion will always be around for us to buy from...the fresh food stores for example will always be there for us thankfully (y).

There will certainly NOT be any economic meltdown in the process of online purchases, the only losers that i can see will be the retail staff members who will obviously be losing their jobs, or moving away to other jobs which online purchasing cannot affect...Human beings are VERY adaptable! :)

kim

I agree, krish. Although I do think companies are seriously aware of what is going on. Most probable scenario, these companies have already took their big payoff money.....just letting things ride at this point, watch it all play out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk