River Creature Startles Couple While Kayaking In MN

Wind7

Staff
1668106597990.png
1668106645989.png

“Real life Jurassic Park!” one person commented.

“Nightmare fuel,” another wrote.

"Snapping Turtles are the largest turtles found in Minnesota, according to the state’s Department of Natural Resources.
The average turtle’s shell is between 8 and 14 inches long and they weigh 10 to 35 pounds.
The largest snapping turtle found in the state was almost 20 inches long and weighed 65 pounds, the department reported."

Ten to thirty-five Lbs....?

Here in MN, I live very close to a lake that these Snapping Turtles live in,
they are huge and can be well over thirty pounds....And they can be MEAN!

When a real big one gets angry, watch out!!

It's like a 'Living, Breathing Mini Tank of Solid Muscle and Shell' and they will attack anything if provoked.

lamdo263

View attachment 15790
View attachment 15791

“Real life Jurassic Park!” one person commented.

“Nightmare fuel,” another wrote.

"Snapping Turtles are the largest turtles found in Minnesota, according to the state’s Department of Natural Resources.
The average turtle’s shell is between 8 and 14 inches long and they weigh 10 to 35 pounds.
The largest snapping turtle found in the state was almost 20 inches long and weighed 65 pounds, the department reported."

Ten to thirty-five Lbs....?

Here in MN, I live very close to a lake that these Snapping Turtles live in,
they are huge and can be well over thirty pounds....And they can be MEAN!

When a real big one gets angry, watch out!!

It's like a 'Living, Breathing Mini Tank of Solid Muscle and Shell' and they will attack anything if provoked.

God' with those claws, can you imagine that trying to crawl up on your back, if you were a prospective Mrs. Turtle? Like the Agoney and the ecstasy. In that case, somebody call Rent-a-Crane to suspend that big sucker!

Wind7

Staff
In the south, we call that good eats. That could feed a family of 9 for a whole day.

Here too!!
I was raised on Snapping Turtle stew, it's actually very good.

I have a story behind the capture of a snapper that was the size of the one I posted,
If not bigger than, but nobody believes it whenever I tell it.
Back in 1970 there weren't any cameras to video the scene for proof.

I won't tell the whole story but the crux of it was,
the locals tried to capture it for my mum so we could take it to the local trapper's home for butchering.

They got the thing so bloody angry that it literally attacked a car, grabbed it by the front
suspension and shook the car up and down with a lady sitting inside, screaming her head off!

This was quite literally like a scene from Godzilla, so they named it after the character.
The car was a little yellow VW beetle, the lady was the wife of one of the locals.

I will never forget the incident, ever.

Wind7

Staff
Soon you may see these with Russian machineguns invading your town.

Well, we will just have to activate the Fearsome Armadillo Threat Eradicator (F.A.T.E. for short)............

1668792115548.png

Which has been disguised as Emerson, Lake and Palmer's TARKUS album literally for decades. 😉

Wind7

Staff
ShamelessRedArcticfox-max-1mb.gif

"Introducing the Eco-Friendly Can Annihilator!!"
"A Great Stocking Stuffer Gift!!!"