Roswell, NM vacation

Justinian

So, my coworker and me just recently talked our boss into a detour to Roswell. It wasn't what I expected. If you haven't been and you're in the area it's not a bad detour, but definitely not something to go out of your way for. They do have a really neat museum there with a great replica of the .. I think it was the Pelenqe sarcophogus lid. The one with the supposed man flying the spaceship. Most of the local businesses have either aliens or ufo's out front. Even McDonalds got into the act and their playland is made to look like a ufo. Sadly though.. this is the only alien we saw. LOL.

DtQNo66.jpg

TnWatchdog

I lived there for four years...it is in the middle of nowhere so you had some detour. lol I miss seeing El Capitan and Sierra Blanca mountain peaks, the yucas in bloom, and the western lifestyle. Edit...long time no see or hear...welcome back.

Last edited:

Justinian

Thanks TN. I just moved back to the States so it's been a weird transition plus new job. We had a job in Artesia, so it wasnt' that much of a detour. Went to the Guadalupes one day too. Very gorgeous. I see the shadow of El Capitan every evening around dusk even from over a hundred miles away.

10409613_616875345097832_7175284295811929214_n.jpg

Justinian

Yeah, I can't remember the name of the second one. Also the crash didn't really happen in Roswell. Roswell was just the closest town. The ranch where it hit is like 45 min from Roswell.

Justinian

Kinda why we went. We didn't think it would be much, but just to say we were in Roswell. The funniest thing about it all was that we had a satellite internet dish in the back of our pickup. My boss was like.. why does it seem like everyone is staring at us. LOL. The two of us just laughed and explained that we were there just a few days before UFOCon in Roswell and we were driving through town with a satellite dish in the back of the truck that was pointed up for storage, but looked like we were driving around listening for aliens. LOL. You should have seen the looks we got.