Rotated ancient astronaut engraving

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Let's take the following image allegedly depicting an ancient astronaut in his rocket powered ship:

original.jpg

And rotate it:

rotated.jpg

I was quite surprised to accidentally look at it this way. When rotated 90 degrees, it just looks like any other ancient sculpture. The scene's frame is once more symmetric that way too. You can even spot several faces in the carvings once it's rotated.

It doesn't appear to have anything to do with an ancient astronaut in his spaceship now that it's rotated, don't you think?

What if this is actually the way we are supposed to look at it?

TnWatchdog

This is how the phrase 'crotch rocket' came into being. These sculpture/carvings seem to point out the fact that advanced aliens were on earth. The faces may represent life in outer space...the traveler is heading back to this world. It could also represent that we are being watched.

Earthmasque

Depicts Pakal either falling through or climbing up the Mayan Tree of Life.

The tree of life motif can be found on scores of other Mayan reliefs.

The picture is of the carving on the cover of Pakal's sarcophagus in his tomb in Palenque.

sumeria

Erich Von Daniken has also mentioned this to be an ancient astronaut. He especially focused on the foot. It looks like pressing on a pedal.

Justinian

I don't believe this is the ancient astronaut carving that some would have us see it as either, but I do have a problem with how the body is contorted in the carving. If he is falling or climbing, no offense here, but he looks like a bitch. And this is supposed to be their King? I believe there has to be another meaning to this, but just don't see the spaceship picture.

TimeFlipper

Actually, I thought of it as someone looking into a telescope of some kind..
I stopped using my telescope when somehow it got diverted from looking up at the sky into looking through one of my neighbours windows, she was quite cool about it though :eek: :D
I really did like Num7s picture and i could see how Von Daniken explained it could be an ancient astronaut, especially after Num7 rotated it 90 degrees :)