running out of time to kill Hitler?

Ren

Here is a thought for you. Perhaps we are running out of time to kill Hitler?
Are we running out of time to kill Hitler via time travel?

John Titor says that the C204 has a 60 year range.

Steven Gibbs mentions on an HDR a 500 year range.

Maybe as time goes by it is harder to go back to a certain year.

Mao Ze-Dong murdered 60 million people from 1958 to 1969.
Hitler murdered 12 million.

I studied the formation of Nazi Germany from the very children of the leaders of Nazi Germany. It wouldn't have made any difference. If Hitler was taken out, another would have taken his place, perhaps someone with the common sense not to attack Russia in the Winter. It would have been worse. In fact, if you murdered such a high profile historical figure, the Earth you know today would be completely different. War leads to rapid innovation. When you're threatened with death, you work harder to get a better edge.

What Hitler did and what Mao did was terrible. But it was also inevitable. If we suppressed every horrible historical event, the human race would learn nothing. Every event, every death, can be a learning experience.

If you went back in time to keep a child from burning his hand, he would just keep touching the stove till he burned his hand. There's no fighting the inevitable. It's like fighting media piracy in 2012. It's like playing whack a mole.

kurisu

I can see why some people may think this is a good idea but, I'm against it. Even with Time Travel the dead don't come back and, the pain doesn't go away right?

Curious_Girl98

I can see why some people may think this is a good idea but, I'm against it. Even with Time Travel the dead don't come back and, the pain doesn't go away right?
Nope, you can't bring the dead back!:( Russian scientist Vadim Chernobrov (who has constructed a time travel machine) says that if you try to go back in time and change history, like for example killing Hitler, you will fail and may not be able to return to the future!:eek: *gasp*

Ren

The same thing goes for Pearl Harbor. If the Japanese weren't shown how to attack Pearl Harbor and goaded into attacking Pearl Harbor, then the U.S. would not have entered the war at a crucial time to stop the Nazis. Why? Because most Americans are actually German Americans. So the U.S. President and leadership knowingly risked and sacrificed all those lives in Hawaii just to start a war. That is historical fact. If the U.S. did not fight the Japanese, the Japanese would have occupied all of Asia for a very long time and it would be a super power today competing with U.S. interests in the world. Imagine how powerful Japan would be if it controlled a non-Communist China. Again, we'd be living in a worse world.

Truth_of_The_Youth

If you actually listened to Hitler's speeches he exposed the zionist jews, The same enemy the common man has today... Where he failed was execution, he fought fire with fire.

Samstwitch

Oh I'm sorry I thought more people knew what they were talking about, and did research...

I could post more facts, but then i'd be doing all the work, I've already done.

Are you a Nazi sympathizer? Are you saying that you agree with Adolf Hitler? Do you harbor hatred for the Jewish people?

Peregrini

Oh I'm sorry I thought more people knew what they were talking about, and did research...

I could post more facts, but then i'd be doing all the work, I've already done.

Not to worry Truth_of_The_Youth;
I don't mind doing some of the work for you. Like posting a link to the whole speech. Not just a heavily edited video that tries to serve an agenda. One rejected long ago by a civilized world, if you will, that chose to live free. Not under the thumb of a deranged dictator.
19 July 1940 - Adolf Hitler - Great speech to the German Reichstag