Scalar Antenna

TimeFlipper

To see if I can broadcast long distances without energy loss and to see how far the broadcast will reach
I believe you are thinking that if you attach a CB radio antenna output into a caduceus coil, it will convert the RF from the CB radio into a type of scalar wave?

mullac998

I believe you are thinking that if you attach a CB radio antenna output into a caduceus coil, it will convert the RF from the CB radio into a type of scalar wave?
Exactly so by plugging In the caduceus coil into the cb radio the current being produced will go into the coil the nodes will cancel out the fields and produce scalar waves so just tune the cb radio to what frequency you want

NaturalPhilosopher

Exactly so by plugging In the caduceus coil into the cb radio the current being produced will go into the coil the nodes will cancel out the fields and produce scalar waves so just tune the cb radio to what frequency you want
the cb radio is designed to have an antenna impedance.
antenna impedance comes in two forms, capacitive impedance(capacitors) and inductive impedance(coils)
all coils have both capacitance and impedance.

have to match the scalar antenna impedance to the cb radio antenna impedance.
if you don't, can cause too much a current to be pulled through the circuit or too little and it won't function properly

so what is your scalar coil impedance?

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

CB radios and all amateur radio tranceivers have a 50 ohm output into a resonant antenna length...For example, most CB sets around the world have pre set frequency channels within the 27mhz radio frequency band and every professionally constructed CB antenna is in close resonance to the CB radio and due to slight frequency changes within channels will have at least a 1 to 2 standing wave ratio (SWR) antenna efficiency...A 1 to 1 SWR is a perfect resonant antenna match to the CB set..

There are CB SWR meters you can buy that tell you what your own antenna SWR is and can be adjusted down to a 1 to 1 SWR level...However, that 1 to 1 SWR level doesnt mean the antenna is operating at maximum efficiency, it means the CB set only "sees" the 1 to 1 SWR which protects it from high SWR readings that will blow out the front end of the CB set..

Every amateur radio operator should always check out their own antennas SWR readings on low power BEFORE transmitting on full power...Sometimes old antennas break down and short out which will cause high SWR readings leading to expensive repairs!!...When making antennas, the resonant length of it can be worked out by simply dividing the frequency into 300...For example, if i want to make a full wave dipole to operate highly efficiently with a 1 to 1 SWR on 30mhz, its 300/30=10 meters...The 10 meters refers to the length of the antenna wire..

mullac998

CB radios and all amateur radio tranceivers have a 50 ohm output into a resonant antenna length...For example, most CB sets around the world have pre set frequency channels within the 27mhz radio frequency band and every professionally constructed CB antenna is in close resonance to the CB radio and due to slight frequency changes within channels will have at least a 1 to 2 standing wave ratio (SWR) antenna efficiency...A 1 to 1 SWR is a perfect resonant antenna match to the CB set..

There are CB SWR meters you can buy that tell you what your own antenna SWR is and can be adjusted down to a 1 to 1 SWR level...However, that 1 to 1 SWR level doesnt mean the antenna is operating at maximum efficiency, it means the CB set only "sees" the 1 to 1 SWR which protects it from high SWR readings that will blow out the front end of the CB set..

Every amateur radio operator should always check out their own antennas SWR readings on low power BEFORE transmitting on full power...Sometimes old antennas break down and short out which will cause high SWR readings leading to expensive repairs!!...When making antennas, the resonant length of it can be worked out by simply dividing the frequency into 300...For example, if i want to make a full wave dipole to operate highly efficiently with a 1 to 1 SWR on 30mhz, its 300/30=10 meters...The 10 meters refers to the length of the antenna wire..
As long as the cb radio can reach up to 112mhz everything will be alright

TimeFlipper

As i mentioned to NP in my previous posting, all CB sets only transmit within a 27mhz frequency range...And unfortunately there is no evidence to suggest an RF wave can be converted into a scalar wave if transmitted into a caduceous coil fitted with a bifiliar coil :(..

mullac998

As i mentioned to NP in my previous posting, all CB sets only transmit within a 27mhz frequency range...And unfortunately there is no evidence to suggest an RF wave can be converted into a scalar wave if transmitted into a caduceous coil fitted with a bifiliar coil :(..
This is why we experiment I'm guessing im gonna have to find something or make something that goes that high. Also radio waves are just magnetic fields and electric fields so by using the caduceus coil you are removing the magnetic field aspects making eletromagnetic longitudinal waves

NaturalPhilosopher

hmm, well gotta design the scalar coil to also have the frequency bandwith for the frequency you want to transmit.
size of it is important. Quarter wavelength design is usually the standard.

so I'd select a frequency first to transmit then design the coil size to accomodate.
one quarter the wavelength you select should be the length of the scalar coil to work best.

so your variables to impedance and frequency match are
1)turns of coil(impedance)
2)length of coil(one quarter the pre-selected wavelength)

TimeFlipper

hmm, well gotta design the scalar coil to also have the frequency bandwith for the frequency you want to transmit.
size of it is important. Quarter wavelength design is usually the standard.

so I'd select a frequency first to transmit then design the coil size to accomodate.
one quarter the wavelength you select should be the length of the scalar coil to work best.

so your variables to impedance and frequency match are
1)turns of coil(impedance)
2)length of coil(frequency resonance)
Its the radio receiver section that provides the frequency bandwidth with its selectability control, not a "scalar" coil, no so called scalar coil cannot change 27mhz upto 112mhz...Half wave antennas are the most popular, and quarter wave wavelengths are made by dividing the frequency into 300 then dividing the result by 4...

For example if you want a quarter wave antenna for 30mhz as i described, its 300/30=10/4=2.5 meters in length...P.S. i wasnt referring to a scalar coil i was quoting the basic RF antenna...Perhaps you can explain how YOU would build a scalar coil NP, and dont forget that scalar frequencies do not correspond to transverse wave frequencies, you norty boy NP!! :LOL:..

Last edited: