Scalar Antenna

TimeFlipper

I'm admitting I was wrong about the frequency range, but dang... What do you think is the minimum range for RF? :geek: Do you think RF isn't made of sine waves? Haven't you heard of Fourier decomposition? I don't have to be right here. :) Go on and be the winner here. lol
Take a look at the circuit description that you forwarded...The block diagram shows no reference to an RF section, and neither does the explanation of the device, no mention of RF waves being generated, only audio waves, sine and square...

Martian

Take a look at the circuit description that you forwarded...The block diagram shows no reference to an RF section, and neither does the explanation of the device, no mention of RF waves being generated, only audio waves, sine and square...
No, you win... Please enjoy the swingset, monkeybars, and merry-go-round, too. :geek:

Just kidding (kinda)... These systems are often made of multiple components or subsystems.

TimeFlipper

No worries, ive been involved with transmitters and receivers for over 60 years now and blown up a few them along the way, but thats how we learn..
Below is a photo of an identical low power amateur radio transmitter and its power supply i owned in the early 1960s when i was being a naughty boy and "pirating" on their wavebands, it was called the Minimitter top 2 to seven...I tuned it up by using the small bulb from out of my bicycle lamp in line with my external antenna, the brighter it got the more resonant it became with the antenna :D..

Attachments

• DSC_0100.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 11

Poornima

hmm, well gotta design the scalar coil to also have the frequency bandwith for the frequency you want to transmit.
size of it is important. Quarter wavelength design is usually the standard.

so I'd select a frequency first to transmit then design the coil size to accomodate.
one quarter the wavelength you select should be the length of the scalar coil to work best.

so your variables to impedance and frequency match are
1)turns of coil(impedance)
2)length of coil(one quarter the pre-selected wavelength)
hmm, well gotta design the scalar coil to also have the frequency bandwith for the frequency you want to transmit.
size of it is important. Quarter wavelength design is usually the standard.

so I'd select a frequency first to transmit then design the coil size to accomodate.
one quarter the wavelength you select should be the length of the scalar coil to work best.

so your variables to impedance and frequency match are
1)turns of coil(impedance)
2)length of coil(one quarter the pre-selected wavelength)
Hlo sir requesting to check your inbox msg pls

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I just want to jump in here and remind everyone that Tesla coils produce longitudinal EM waves. It was TimeFlipper that pointed out to me that two Tesla coils operating close to each other with differing frequencies will produce sound due to the difference in the frequencies of the coils. So to sum it up: EM longitudinal waves are naturally emitted by coils used as antennas. Check out my video as proof of concept:

NaturalPhilosopher

I just want to jump in here and remind everyone that Tesla coils produce longitudinal EM waves. It was TimeFlipper that pointed out to me that two Tesla coils operating close to each other with differing frequencies will produce sound due to the difference in the frequencies of the coils. So to sum it up: EM longitudinal waves are naturally emitted by coils used as antennas. Check out my video as proof of concept:

in electrical engineering longitudinal waves are only within the EM field of the coil.
z-axis fluctuation of the E field pretty much.
otherwise known as displacement current
not a photon emission

tesla coils are just large step-up tank circuits.
capacitor & coil in parallel